Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Crashed @ Track - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:26 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default Crashed @ Track - Pictures

Well after spending eight hours installing my ARH longtube headers I decided to go to the track. It was definately a cold night and I got a bit unlucky. So i'm all staged up and get a great start off the line and when I hit second gear my car just completely lost traction and went straight for the wall. I overcorrected (I was in the right lane) and went into the left(luckily was racing a 20 second truck) and almost corrected but clipped the wall with my front fender at about 15 mph when I hit the wall.

The damage is probably around $2000 but the shop i'm going to is willing to let me use my own parts supplied if they are cheaper(ex: take-off bumper I find online). Anyway here are the pictures of the damage,I already got the front bumper off along with the fender.

-Jeff

Old 01-15-2007, 07:31 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Crashed @ Track - Pictures

Sorry to hear
Old 01-15-2007, 07:33 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Yeah me too, but i'm really not that disappointed. I'm glad I learned a new lesson that isn't that costly compared to well that guy that crashed his GTO. I'm out of about $2,000 he's out of about $35,000.

-Jeff
Old 01-15-2007, 07:33 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

damn thats one reason why i dont want to go to the track with my car
Old 01-15-2007, 07:35 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear it and glad you were not injured....
Old 01-15-2007, 07:35 PM
impaler
1st Gear Member

Man, I'm really sorry. I hear ya---lesson learned...but I spun out on some ice back in November (our Stangs are SOOO good in snow/ice!), and the ***-end hit a concrete barrier. $4500 in damage...it looks great again, but man, I was really sad about that. Like another poster said, this is why I am very reluctant to push the limits of the car, with virtually no experience racing.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:44 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

You guys should gradually ease into the "limits". When I hear some people posting that they went from a bone stock car to 350rwhp. Im like. When you up the power that much your car handles and behaves A LOT differently. Thats how I did it, I started with 149 hp (base on the 79 5.0L), started with dual exhaust took it up around 200?, then a cam, then heads so on and so forth. SO I gradually became used to the power. Also, as someone else posted mustnags are just about the worst possible vehicle you could have in the snow. So definitly add the 200lbs to the trunk and GET SNOW TIRES!!!! Those are a must, but wait there is a added bonus! Because snow tires are so soft they make good drag tires. (Blizzak)
-P.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:53 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: P Zero

You guys should gradually ease into the "limits". When I hear some people posting that they went from a bone stock car to 350rwhp. Im like. When you up the power that much your car handles and behaves A LOT differently. Thats how I did it, I started with 149 hp (base on the 79 5.0L), started with dual exhaust took it up around 200?, then a cam, then heads so on and so forth. SO I gradually became used to the power. Also, as someone else posted mustnags are just about the worst possible vehicle you could have in the snow. So definitly add the 200lbs to the trunk and GET SNOW TIRES!!!! Those are a must, but wait there is a added bonus! Because snow tires are so soft they make good drag tires. (Blizzak)
-P.
This was not his first time to the track, its just the first since he installed the headers. He was out at the track in December with me after he got the cams installed. I actually met him a few months back at OSW on night.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:57 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Dang...that Stang looks all beat up. Sorry about the Stang, but glad you are OK. We can always replace parts...
Old 01-15-2007, 08:01 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

That really sucks but I am very happy to see you walked out alive! You live to race again. Your car will be back better than ever we all know!

Quick Reply: Crashed @ Track - Pictures