Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My F.R.P.P. Mods- First Impressions:

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 11:54 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My F.R.P.P. Mods- First Impressions:

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06

Warranty isn't really worth much anyways.. 3 yr 36K is garbage... Any good shop you get your stuff done at will warranty their work, as well as parts from steeda and other reputable manufacturers...

Why would you say 3 yr 36K is "garbage"...?
I think 3 years is a long time not to have a care in the world should anything on the car go wrong...!
Any good shop will maybe warranty THEIR work, but if their mods happen to cause any other "related" problems, then you'll be out of luck when you take it back to the dealer (maybe not ALL of them, but certainly MOST of them).
Old 01-23-2007, 12:07 PM
KeeJoZ
1st Gear Member

I'm having the same thing done in a while (my kit hasn't arrived yet).
I think that there's some misunderstanding here. The warranty is not only on the installed parts, but on the entire car.
That's something you're not gonna get with the other parts. furthermore, there's no hustle of putting back stock things or telling that we unhooked the battery, because the car still has his original warranty as is (meaning the kit installed).
For me, that was a major reason to go for the FRPP kit.

congrats and I'll hope to post my results any day now!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:03 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

Honestly, 3yrs/36 is garbage. The odds of a major mechanicalrepair within 36k are really slim.

Thats why I spent the extra money for the extended 6yr/75k. $1100 gives me more security. After a couple of years of hard drivinga GT, THEN bad things may start to happen!!!!

I was thinking about the 7yr/100k, but that was like $2500.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:38 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

ORIGINAL: hammeron

glad you like the GTA's, i like 'em too....

thanks for the write up, lots of good info

Yeah, I LOVE both the sound AND the look of this exhaust!
Thanks for your comment- much obliged (more to come when I finally have a chance to really test her out).
+1.
Installed my GTAs over the holidays and I couldn't be more happier with them.
A deeper tone,sound great WOT,and absolutely no drone!
They werewell worth $265.95 I paid for them.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:57 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I understand your warranty concerns, i really do, but I think they are misplaced in this case. A 93 octane tune from brenspeed is not going to throw any codes and you'll have zero throttle lag. It'll snap your neck if you stab it in first or second. It's almost unstreetable if you have a stick, almost.

Here's my quick story and experience with ford warranty service. I took my 99 ranger in because the A/C was leaking, an oring had failed and it was leaking compressor oil. I was a bit worried about it being covered under warranty, but I told them up front that I had installed an air suspension and cut out all the inner fenders. They could have very easily claimed having no inner fenders caused the leak, but they didn't even mention the lack of fenders or suspension. They did empty all the air out of my air tank playing with the bags, but I wasn't complaining.

Now if I ever need warranty work I'm probably going to remove my CAI and flash it back to stock just incase they try to reflash the computer and render my custom tuner useless, but i'm not going to deny that it was tuned. I simply won't buy my nextcar from any dealer that won't warranty a car because of a simple, common air intake.

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06

Warranty isn't really worth much anyways.. 3 yr 36K is garbage... Any good shop you get your stuff done at will warranty their work, as well as parts from steeda and other reputable manufacturers...

Why would you say 3 yr 36K is "garbage"...?
I think 3 years is a long time not to have a care in the world should anything on the car go wrong...!
Any good shop will maybe warranty THEIR work, but if their mods happen to cause any other "related" problems, then you'll be out of luck when you take it back to the dealer (maybe not ALL of them, but certainly MOST of them).
Old 01-23-2007, 04:10 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

^^ What he said.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:39 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KeeJoZ

I'm having the same thing done in a while (my kit hasn't arrived yet).
I think that there's some misunderstanding here. The warranty is not only on the installed parts, but on the entire car.
That's something you're not gonna get with the other parts. furthermore, there's no hustle of putting back stock things or telling that we unhooked the battery, because the car still has his original warranty as is (meaning the kit installed).
For me, that was a major reason to go for the FRPP kit.

congrats and I'll hope to post my results any day now!

You won't be disappointed! Not only are you 100% correct about the warranty remaining on the whole car (a MAJOR reason for me too!), but I took her out for a spin today since the roads were finally dry, and..ZOWIE!!
For the very first time I laid about 8 - 10 feet of rubber with my wife in the passanger seat (laughing), and when I went out again later by myself I nailed it from a 10 m.p.h. roll- and it actually FISHTAILED!
Going to post an update now (new thread) to thank everyone who "bitched & moaned" at me about getting my baby modded.....
Old 01-23-2007, 04:47 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I understand your warranty concerns, i really do, but I think they are misplaced in this case. A 93 octane tune from brenspeed is not going to throw any codes and you'll have zero throttle lag. It'll snap your neck if you stab it in first or second. It's almost unstreetable if you have a stick, almost.

See my "update" which I'm going to post in a few minutes!

Also, there have been several postings about "problems" with the Brenspeed tune: one from a guy who said both the throttle-lag and "slush-o-matic" feel came back every month and he had to re-flash every time to fix it, and another who complained that his automatic was "bucking like a bronco" and "slamming into the gears", and needed to be re-flashed to drop the pressure (this was also experienced by several other folks- you should still be able to find that thread cause it's pretty recent).
Even though most folks only have good things to say about their Brenspeed tune, I want things TOTALLY "problem-free", and am perfectly willing to pay a bit more for just..slightly..less performance in order to have it that way.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:51 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangEsq

Honestly, 3yrs/36 is garbage. The odds of a major mechanicalrepair within 36k are really slim.

Thats why I spent the extra money for the extended 6yr/75k. $1100 gives me more security. After a couple of years of hard drivinga GT, THEN bad things may start to happen!!!!

I was thinking about the 7yr/100k, but that was like $2500.

I am also thinking about taking the 6 year extended warranty for $1100, but the dealer told me I can upgrade "any time as long as the original waranty is still valid", so I might as well wait since it won't make a difference.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:00 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

It is recommended that you reflash your tune every month or so I believe.

Quick Reply: My F.R.P.P. Mods- First Impressions: