Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My F.R.P.P. Mods- First Impressions:

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 07:15 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My F.R.P.P. Mods- First Impressions:

ORIGINAL: Pony Ride

Well, I'm very encouraged by your experience. I'm going to have a talk with the service manager at my local dealer about doing the same thingwith the power pack& tune on my car, as this isa moreintrusive upgrade to the engine and would have more impact on any possible engine/drivetrain warranty issues in the future. My local dealer is very involvedwith thelocal Mustang club, so this might be something they're open to. I'll let you knowwhat they say to thisafter my next visit to the dealer. Thanks for the feedback!

All I can tell you is that I couldn't be happier that I decided to pay a premium for the FRPP + install instead of choosing the slightly more powerful yet less expensive alternatives.
Like another member so wisely said: "you really can't put a price on peace of mind", and now I can prowl around in my "new & improved" amped-up Mean Machine during the day AND sleep like a baby at night knowing that Ford has my back if the sh*t should hit the fan during the next 3 years!

[sm=smiley2.gif]
Old 01-28-2007, 12:27 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My F.R.P.P. Mods- First Impressions:

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I understand your warranty concerns, i really do, but I think they are misplaced in this case. A 93 octane tune from brenspeed is not going to throw any codes and you'll have zero throttle lag. It'll snap your neck if you stab it in first or second. It's almost unstreetable if you have a stick, almost.

Yesterday I took her out and tried stabbing the "go fast pedal" both in first AND in second, and there was NO throttle lag in either!
It now "snapped my neck" in both gears too just like you describe it...
The ONLY trace left of lag is when I mash it from a full stop or to kick it into passing gear, and then it's not like a full second anymore but rather a half-second.
Not "perfect", but certainly a big improvement.