Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My F.R.P.P. Mods: UPDATE.....!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 10:07 PM
06SSGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My F.R.P.P. Mods: UPDATE.....!!!

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

Not scared of modding my car at all- just think it's kinda stupid to void my 3 year warranty for a gain of "maybe" 2 or 3 h.p. at best.
You can do what you want but i can promise you they won't void anything for a plastic tube. BTW, you should have a 5/60 warrantee. My 06 does because i bought it late in the year.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:06 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06SSGT

Not scared of modding my car at all- just think it's kinda stupid to void my 3 year warranty for a gain of "maybe" 2 or 3 h.p. at best.
You can do what you want but i can promise you they won't void anything for a plastic tube. BTW, you should have a 5/60 warrantee. My 06 does because i bought it late in the year.

I already made a note to call the dealer rep on monday to ask about the effect on my warranty (not only is Downs Ford one of only two authorized "Ford Motorsports" installers in the country, but they're also an official supplier of Steeda parts), BUT, I can't help wondering why neither Ford nor Carroll Shelby chose to add that Steeda high-flow inlet onto the Shelby GT-H FRPP (certainly not because of the modest $109 price!).....?
I remember the installer telling me that they've seen problems with other "stiff" inlets rubbing up against the hood because they're less flexible than the stock tube, and maybe that's the reason, but I'll find out for certain on monday and post the result on this thread.

When I bought my car in November it DID come with the extended 5 year "drivetrain" warranty, but I'm not sure if that still applies because on my receipt for the FRPP it reads "3 year 36,000 full warranty"......
Old 02-18-2007, 03:52 AM
06SSGT
1st Gear Member

I already made a note to call the dealer rep on monday to ask about the effect on my warranty (not only is Downs Ford one of only two authorized "Ford Motorsports" installers in the country, but they're also an official supplier of Steeda parts), BUT, I can't help wondering why neither Ford nor Carroll Shelby chose to add that Steeda high-flow inlet onto the Shelby GT-H FRPP (certainly not because of the modest $109 price!).....?
I remember the installer telling me that they've seen problems with other "stiff" inlets rubbing up against the hood because they're less flexible than the stock tube, and maybe that's the reason, but I'll find out for certain on monday and post the result on this thread.

When I bought my car in November it DID come with the extended 5 year "drivetrain" warranty, but I'm not sure if that still applies because on my receipt for the FRPP it reads "3 year 36,000 full warranty"......
That inlet tube wasn't available when the GT-H came out I don't believe. But you're right what you said before, it probably won't give you enough extra hp that you'd notice. I'm guessing that the FRPP warranty was written before Ford changed the standard warranty to 5/60. I would check on that but I'm sure you still have the 5/60.