Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My F.R.P.P. Mods: UPDATE.....!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:17 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default My F.R.P.P. Mods: UPDATE.....!!!

First of all, let me say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all you folks who more or less "shamed me" into modding my new baby!
I'm sorry now that I refered to you guys (in an earlier posting) as: "fanatical mod-sick MANIACS", cause you were all RIGHT, and now I am happily eating humble pie...[sm=thanx.gif]

Even though my tank is still half full of 87 octane and half 93, the roads were dry today so I couldn't resist testing her out, and the conclusion was:

ZOWIE !!!!!

I floored it, with my wife in the passanger seat, and for the VERY first time laid 8 - 10 feet of rubber (with the TC left ON, and starting from a low idle 700 r.p.m.).
When it kicked-down into passing gear at 50, I was at 80 in what seemed like 3 seconds (accompanied by a wonderfully sick growl from the GTA's!).
When I went out again later by myself, I mashed it from a 10 m.p.h. roll, and my baby actually FISHTAILED for a second (again with the TC left ON), and I was at 80 in a flash because it really goes through the gears much faster.
WHAT a difference, and I can hardly WAIT till the tank is completely full with 93 octane since it will probably be even a little faster!

Once again, THANK you all SINCERELY for "nagging" me about getting modded- when you're right, you're RIGHT !

[sm=gears.gif]

Old 01-23-2007, 05:21 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My F.R.P.P. Mods: UPDATE.....!!!

Sweet!! Glad to hear you liked the Ford package. Do you have a picture of your engine, I like the Ford shield for the CAIthat says Ford racing.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:26 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s2k

Sweet!! Glad to hear you liked the Ford package. Do you have a picture of your engine, I like the Ford shield for the CAIthat says Ford racing.

I dont "like" the package, I LOVE it.......[sm=Awwww.gif]
As soon as I can borrow my son-in-law's digital camera I'll take some pictures.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/140FF8690B1C4095A1949B56A18DD092.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-23-2007, 06:23 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Yep. I have a GT, Manual with CAI, and tune. Always loved it. I had the chance about a month or so ago to drive the Shelby GT-H, which has the FRPP, and is an auto. Can't say much about the throttle lag off the line, but let me tell you, once it got past that, it was without a doubt the nicest shifting auto I have ever driven.....0-100 on the onramp, no problem. (short chute...)

Congrats,
Mike

Old 01-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

I agree, I have also driven the GT-H it was great for an auto! But, I will admitthe alternative tunes are better than the ford, but you get the extra reasurance of knowing your warranty is still valid.

Have fun!
Old 01-23-2007, 08:06 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Yep. I have a GT, Manual with CAI, and tune. Always loved it. I had the chance about a month or so ago to drive the Shelby GT-H, which has the FRPP, and is an auto. Can't say much about the throttle lag off the line, but let me tell you, once it got past that, it was without a doubt the nicest shifting auto I have ever driven.....0-100 on the onramp, no problem. (short chute...)

Congrats,
Mike

Thanks for the congrats Mike!
I feel the same way as you do about it being far and away the best shifting automatic I ever drove, and loved the idea that, with the sole exception of an x-pipe which is only good for an added 5 h.p., I've got the same exact performance mods as the Shelby GT-H.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:11 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ringo01

I agree, I have also driven the GT-H it was great for an auto! But, I will admitthe alternative tunes are better than the ford, but you get the extra reasurance of knowing your warranty is still valid.

Have fun!

Yeah Ringo01, this is, for me at least, the "best of both worlds" (only slightly less performance than alternative tunes, BUT with a valid warranty fully intact)!

Most fun I've ever had out of the sack (and that's no lie!).......[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 01-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

STOP POSTING AND GO BUY MORE MODS!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT EVEN SEE UDPS ON THERE!!!!!! GET GOIN!!!!! [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 01-23-2007, 08:17 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

ORIGINAL: Ringo01

Have fun!

Yeah Ringo01, this is, for me at least, the "best of both worlds" (only slightly less performance than alternative tunes, BUT with a valid warranty fully intact)!

Most fun I've ever had out of the sack (and that's no lie!).......[sm=icon_rock.gif]

GT Newbie, glad you love the FRPP Power Pack! I love it too!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Captaincobalt

Gt Newbie,

It sounds like the modifications made a big difference for you. I have the same mods as you do plus the FRPP suspension package and 20" Foose wheels. I love the car and had the same concerns that you had with regards to being able to keep everything under warranty. My dealer has told me that as long as they did the installation that it would be covered under the warranty. Have fun and good luck!

Quick Reply: My F.R.P.P. Mods: UPDATE.....!!!