Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

400rwhp naturally????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: 400rwhp naturally????

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

its extremely possible.

CAI
UDP's
CMDP's
long tube headers (big ones)
o/r x pipe
free flowing axleback
bigger throttle body
electric water pump
big ol cams
aggressively ported heads
FAST intake manifold.
full royal purple synthetics
custom dyno tune.
Just wait till some better heads, etc. come out... FWIW, the BBR stang didn't have a stroker kit or upgraded fuel pumps. If they would of put some bigger fuel pumps and a 5.1-5.2 stroker on it, it would make well over 400 and stay N/A!

They didn't even use racing gas... They just used 93 octane which you can get at the pump. They also used 20 inch wheels. And that hurts RWHP noticably!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:17 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

its extremely possible.

CAI
UDP's
CMDP's
o/r x pipe
free flowing axleback
bigger throttle body
electric water pump
big ol cams
FAST intake manifold.
custom dyno tune.
Just wait till some better heads, etc. come out... FWIW, the BBR stang didn't have a stroker kit or upgraded fuel pumps. If they would of put some bigger fuel pumps and a 5.1-5.2 stroker on it, it would make well over 400 and stay N/A!

They didn't even use racing gas... They just used 93 octane which you can get at the pump. They also used 20 inch wheels. And that hurts RWHP noticably!
ahh very true. from what i've seen resultswise, the livernois stage 2/3 are the best in terms of flow.
idk if a stroker kit counts.......lol.

it appeared the thing holding that car back was the fuel system, and for good reason. stock 24# injectors won't cut it at those HP levels. i say 425-430 is the extreme upper limit.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

its extremely possible.

CAI
UDP's
CMDP's
o/r x pipe
free flowing axleback
bigger throttle body
electric water pump
big ol cams
FAST intake manifold.
custom dyno tune.

ahh very true. from what i've seen resultswise, the livernois stage 2/3 are the best in terms of flow.

it appeared the thing holding that car back was the fuel system, and for good reason. stock 24# injectors won't cut it at those HP levels. i say 425-430 is the extreme upper limit.
Nah, I think 380 RWHP would be the absolute MAX you could somewhat safley use stock 24#er's. If you upgraded them you could go a lot higher... I wouldn't be suprised in a few years if people are getting 400+ RWHP with full bolt on's. Minus the stroker kit...
Old 01-25-2007, 12:49 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

its extremely possible.

CAI
UDP's
CMDP's
o/r x pipe
free flowing axleback
bigger throttle body
electric water pump
big ol cams
FAST intake manifold.
custom dyno tune.

Nah, I think 380 RWHP would be the absolute MAX you could somewhat safley use stock 24#er's. If you upgraded them you could go a lot higher... I wouldn't be suprised in a few years if people are getting 400+ RWHP with full bolt on's. Minus the stroker kit...
24 pound injectors are not a huge mod to upgrade. they are a big limitation, but it really doesn't take that much to replace them........
Old 01-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

its extremely possible.

CAI
UDP's
CMDP's
o/r x pipe
free flowing axleback
bigger throttle body
electric water pump
big ol cams
FAST intake manifold.
custom dyno tune.

Nah, I think 380 RWHP would be the absolute MAX you could somewhat safley use stock 24#er's. If yoker kit...
24 pound injectors are not a huge mod to upgrade. they are a big limitation, but it really doesn't take that much to replace them........
Uhm, Duh!*Howard Stern*

I never said they were a huge mod. I just said I wouldn't ever want to go over 380 HP with stockeres. *Peecha!*

Wait a second, What am I doing. I'm not Bfoster [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 01-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

The other thing you have to consider is that no one has successfully and legitimatelyachieved 400 rwhp N/Aon the S197 GT yet. I emphasize the word yet.....but that is something tothink about.