Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is a front end clunk and water leak guaranteed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:14 PM
wproctor411
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Is a front end clunk and water leak guaranteed?

I've never had any trouble and I've launched my 05' hardat least200 times (dropping the clutch at 4,000+rpm) The 5,000 miles I put on it were like rental car miles -very abused!

Old 03-19-2007, 05:34 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Had mine for 7 months now and only had the leak issue, but it was nothing a bottle of silicone couldnt fix.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:42 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

What is this leak issue everyoen keeps talking about? I am the rpoud new owner of an 06 vert (as of two weeks ago).. What should I be on the lookout for??
Old 03-19-2007, 07:03 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

imho, yes. don't buy one unless you absolutely LOVE
mustangs and can live with all that comes with them

ORIGINAL: haa21

Hi everyone. I have been lurking at this site for awhile now. I want to buy a new 2007 Mustang GT with an automatic trans in April. I have been driving a supercharged Toyota Camry V6 for the last 7 years. It has been perfectly reliable and troublefree. Even after 85,000 miles it still does not rattle. I love the way the Mustang looks. You can't beat the performance you get for the money you pay. My concern is that after reading posts on this forum and others I notice thattheMustang seems somewhat prone to problems. If I buy one is it pretty much guaranteed thatI will have suspension noise, rattles, and possilbly a water leak? Just looking to hear the thoughts of some current owners. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:25 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Nope 1900 miles with no clunks or leaks.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:09 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

27, 000 miles, parking brake TSB, and some rattles. It's a muscle car, and it should be loud, nasty, and a little rough around the edges. IMHO this car has more character than nearly everything else out there, performs well, and looks awesome! No replacement for it, and I wouldn't trade it for any other car in its price range (or most cars above its range)!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:11 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

No major issues here...8 months old car with minor issues....
Old 03-19-2007, 08:41 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

I've had my 06 GT for all of two weeks so far, and either a) the novelty has not worn off yet, or b) i own the car that I've wanted since ford first started producing these things. I havnt had any issues yet, but keep in mind, its no mustang without a few squeeks here and there. All of that aside, it does seem like the car is much much better put together than 94-98's and 99-04 stangs if that helps.
I'd pick this car over any other car out there right now except of course a GT500 and a z06.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:05 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

I don't think anyone can say for 100% sure that you WILL or WON'T have these issues. I have been unfortunate enough to have both of the issues you have asked about. In response to the folks who seem to imply that the ones that have problems are either too picky or are just plain making it up, well, I don't know what to tell you guys; I have done no mods other than mufflers, I'm clunking down the road every day, and when it rains my passenger side floor is soaked, not to mention I've witnessed water dripping off my electrical components from the driver's side, without even opening the window or door on the passenger side. Go ahead and tell me I'm making it up, or that I am too picky...I'll show you the rust on the inside of the car...

Even after all of that, I can't tell you that you'll have problems. I love this car, but I don't think I'd pay the money I paid for a NEW one again, given the experiences I've had with it. Others will, of course, have different experiences.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, but I really didn't like the way some of you guys have blown off other people's problems just because you've been lucky. I don't like being called a liar, even if it was only indirectly implied. If I've misintepreted, my apologies.

EDIT: Here's a poll that is probably going to be of some use to you: https://mustangforums.com/m_2807360/tm.htm
Old 03-20-2007, 06:12 PM
07Grabber

WORK AT A FORD DEALER SERVICE DEPT, MOST MINOR CONCERNS CORRECTED BY VARIOUS
TSBS, BY 07 MOST BUGS WORKED OUT, 9000 MILES ON 07, NO PROBS YET.

Quick Reply: Is a front end clunk and water leak guaranteed?