Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Voided Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 PM
disturbed471985
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Voided Warranty

Ha stand up for the dealer? Please. All dealers are crooks so why cant the customer be??I see nothing wrong with trying to scam a dealer hell (Paybacks a bitch). As far as the mech that dont get paid well boohoo i didnt make them be a mech they have no one to blame but them selfs get a second job!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:13 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: disturbed471985

Ha stand up for the dealer? Please. All dealers are crooks so why cant the customer be??I see nothing wrong with trying to scam a dealer hell (Paybacks a bitch). As far as the mech that dont get paid well boohoo i didnt make them be a mech they have no one to blame but them selfs get a second job!
You are F#$king ignorant. What do you do for a living? I hope someone scams your businessand makes your family starve to death. ...."all dealers are crooks...." What an immature and inaccurate blanket statement. People like you prove their lack of working grey matter and make it easier for people like myself to show everyone how incredibly oblivious you really are. So, you buy stuff from crooks huh? That's intelligent. You just made yourself look like a fool......again........You have it all figured out though huh? Truth be told, you have no idea what it takes to diagnose, maintain, operate or repair a vehicle and it shows. You are just some schmuck with enough $ to buy a new car but not enough brains to realize that buying a car isn't just writing a check and pumping gas. People like you are why honest people have bad experiences with dealers and warranty coverage. YOU are the bad apple that spoils the bunch. YOU are the reason vehiclesget bought back for no reason.I wouldn't **** on you ifyou were burning to death and Ihope for the rest of the world'ssakeyou grow up one day and get a grasp onwhat the car business is all about.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shaners90lxhatch
You know that warranty work pays less than customer pay right? You know those techs have families right? You know that if he can't get a handleon the results of your shytty little performance games in 1 hour - he will not get paid for the rest of his time. He gets 1 hour to figure it out. No more. That is when they call me, and I tell them to show you the door until you return it to stock or allow it to stay until they can duplicate the poltergeist.
First off, my car is still stock, so I have none of these "performance games" you're talking about.

But in regards to the statement of the tech not getting paid for the rest of his time if he can't figure out a problem within an hour, are you saying he won't personally get paid and is working for free? Or do you mean the dealership which employs him will not get paid from Ford for additional warranty troubleshooting if it takes more than an hour? I don't see how the tech won't get paid by his employer if it takes more than an hour to troubleshoot a problem.

Additionally, if someone with a completely stock car under warranty has a problem, and the tech cannot successfully troubleshoot it within that allotted hour, I can see where it may prompt the dealership to pull the tech off of the job and call you, since their tech won't be making them any money by continuing to work on it "for free". While scrapping the effort may seem fair to you when people bring in cars with "performance mods", it isn't quite fair to people with stock cars having problems.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:28 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Shaner,
Nice LX! Looks like my 91!

[IMG]local://upfiles/60110/F55FBBCFFDA5452A8B27019BEB64D57F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2007, 07:50 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

Shaner,
Nice LX! Looks like my 91!

[IMG]local://upfiles/60110/F55FBBCFFDA5452A8B27019BEB64D57F.jpg[/IMG]
NICE! I like the SVO hood.......hmmmmm

Blackgt -I agree with you 100%. My statement was directed only to modified vehicles. Customer pay tickets work much different than warranty work does. There are loopholes that the tech has in regards to getting paid for diagnostics that stretch beyond the .7 hours they are paid for general diagnostics. BUT they can only use it once. If I say that I evaluated and drove and performed basic tests on your vehicle for 2 hours after that .7 I get regardless - I will get paid for that time. However, if I still did not find anything wrong with it, and the vehicle is released - I will NOT get paid to evaluate it for total time on the next visit (given its back for the same concern). On the other hand, if I figure it out in like 5 minutes on the firstvisit - I still get paid for that .7 automatically. So if your'e good and the problem is not something completely one-off you can make good money. However, flat rate time is flat rate time and if you cant make the repair in the time given to you - YOU LOOSE MONEY. Its a cut throat business but something has to keep the honest people honest. Otherwise I could charge you or the maker a million dollars for a tire rotation. Some techs work hourly and don't have to worry about this, but overall they make less than the flat rate techs. EACH repair on your vehicle has a standardized time that is given. This is based on how much time an experienced technician, with the proper tools and resource materials can, on average, perform the repair in. The maker pays the dealer X dollars for each labor hour. Then the dealer pays the tech Y dollars for each labor hour they aquire. In essence, they both loose money when they work beyond the payable time for that particular job. That's flat rate in a nutshell (and poorly explained). [&:]

Old 02-02-2007, 09:24 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

You are just some schmuck with enough $ to buy a new car but not enough brains to realize that buying a car isn't just writing a check and pumping gas.
If I had to guess, i'd say his parents bought the car and no matter what anyone says, if your daddy had to sign for you then he bought the car.Parents purchasing $25k cars for their kids seems to be the trend today. I'm going to have to check and see what kind of cars cost $25k when I was 16.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:00 AM
disturbed471985
4th Gear Member

Actually parents did not buy car. Car was bought by me so theres goes that. I work for KCSR if that even matters. How did i get scamed as you can see mines an 88 not an 07 so no crooked dealers to deal with. LOL i just know how to put gas in car yea thats its. Hey go charge someone else 800$ to install gears<<< yea thats not a scam!!! Why u say he ho about this crap its my oppinion and u cant change it.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:07 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

I don't want to change your opinion. You wanted me to know that you think all dealers are crooks. I wanted you to know that I think you are a waste of breatheable oxygen.
I don't work fora dealer, I work for a manufacturer.
Sometimes you get what you payfor (GO BACK ANDREAD THE"SOMETIMES" PART AGAIN)
I am not even going to discuss dealer prices. Overall, they are more expensive. Considering how manyjobs cometo the dealer AFTER someretard waterhead mechanic has spent thousands to no avail - I would have to say it is worth it in most cases.In any case, your "opinion" didn't even address the topic pal!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:44 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

I don't want to change your opinion. You wanted me to know that you think all dealers are crooks. I wanted you to know that I think you are a waste of breatheable oxygen.
I don't work fora dealer, I work for a manufacturer.
Sometimes you get what you payfor (GO BACK ANDREAD THE"SOMETIMES" PART AGAIN)
I am not even going to discuss dealer prices. Overall, they are more expensive. Considering how manyjobs cometo the dealer AFTER someretard waterhead mechanic has spent thousands to no avail - I would have to say it is worth it in most cases.In any case, your "opinion" didn't even address the topic pal!

Don't let him get to you shaner- not good for your blood-pressure.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Silver06GT

Since Ford lost $12.6B in 2006 I'm guessing that your dealer and Ford are looking for any reason they can to "void" the warranty. By the way, losing $12.6B equates to losing $23,972 per minute. So, Ford lost almost one Mustang per minute in 2006. Ouch!

Quick Reply: Voided Warranty