Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Voided Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:11 PM
cgbills
1st Gear Member

Default Voided Warranty

What Mods can you do that won't void your warranty? What mods will void it?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Voided Warranty

Technically no mod will void your warranty. But If you're really worried about your warranty, you should not be modding. Your best bet is to talk to your dealer, because all dealers are different, some don't care. Some do...
Old 01-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

The mod that replaces the part will void that part. Like pullys. Once you install new ones they aren't responsible for that mod.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:21 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

It is dealer specific so you will want to talk to the one you deal most with.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Exactly. Like if you get exhaust and then your roof flys off. its still under warranty.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:24 PM
cgbills
1st Gear Member

gotcha
Old 01-29-2007, 11:57 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

It's just like you bought a new kitty cat just to let it ride around in your sweet pony and it decides to scratch up the side of the seat where damage should not occur. Then it's not covered under warranty but if your precious kitty didn't cause that problem then you get the new seat cover(if it's not from just sitting on it). Just an example but hopefully you get the point.

-Jeff
Old 01-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

i want to play it safe with my warranty as well. the only mods i'm doing until my warranty is up are ones that can easily be put back to stock if i have to go in for warranty work. (ie: axle-backs, tuner, CAI)
Old 01-30-2007, 02:26 AM
DreamKing
2nd Gear Member

I recall a quote from the president of Mazda in R&T magazine that was something to the effect of this: a dealer cannot void your warranty because of mods unless those mods cause or contribute to any kind of failure within the vehicle. In other words, if you buy a sc and your engine blows, the dealer is not responsible to replace your engine under warranty. But if you have a sc and something in the suspension breaks, they are responsible to replace it (unless having the sc caused the break - e.g., launching really hard at the drag strip with a sc and all that extra hp caused something to break).

I don't own a new Stang or a car new enough to be under warranty for that matter, but if I did, I don't think I'd do any mods other than basic i/e/suspension/interior/exterior mods. In other words, nothing too significant, such as any kind of forced induction/cams/etc.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:19 PM
dborne
1st Gear Member

if the problem your bringnig the car in for is caused by a aftermarket part its not covered. simple way of putting it

Quick Reply: Voided Warranty