Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

raging pony or sick mule?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 05:44 PM
ncspack
1st Gear Member

Default raging pony or sick mule?

i love my gt, but i'm tired of all the crap i have gone through to keep the thing running. i've had the back passenger calipers lock up twice and the dealership doesn't know why. it ruined my rotor and it's bound to happen again. my fuel pump has been replaced already and i haven't even had the car a year. yesterday the engine shut half of the cylinders down and the message screen said "Failsafe Engine Mode". the manual called it the "Limp home mode". Took it to the dealership and picked it up this afternoon except, once again, they don't know what's causing it. they called Ford HQ and talked to them. they said they were aware of the problem, but couldn't diagnosis it yet and are still working on the solution. Meanwhile, i'm driving down the road in a mustang that may or may not run. did i mention that my wife and i are expecting our first child any moment. oh yeah, that would suck...."Honey i know you need to go to the hospital, but my brand new mustang just won't run. Sorry." I don't think that would go over to well. Has anyone had this problem? I stuck my neck out and decided to trade in my Chevy truck, which was awesome, to buy this great looking sports car. Seems like i was always right when i sang the Ford song..."Have you broke down in a Ford lately?"
Old 02-02-2007, 07:28 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: raging pony or sick mule?

Take it back to the dealer who sold it to you and trade it for a new one, let them deal with it on their dime and time. I know easily said than done, sorry to hear about it partner. Don't know what else to say.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:34 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

I agree with TPony, take it back to the dealership. I had an 05 V6 with problems from hell and called the toll free Ford Customer Care number and filed a complaint. I was able to trade it in on a similar model, but choose to upgrade to a GT. Nobody should have to go through these problems with a brand new car!!
Old 02-02-2007, 07:45 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

If you want to take legal action, consult your local lemon laws. Also wouldn't hurt to take a peek at the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act.

Other than that, you can britch at as many managers as it takes to trade your stang.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:56 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

that sucks to hear. my 06 has 12,000 miles and have just couple of "normal" tsb problems like only able to get half the gas in there, Once my ebrake would not come off; so i got new cables.

If you had it there over and over again w/ out being happy...contact a lawyer. get your self a new one. Im sure if you have any chevy only fans there lighting you up right now. But for the most part; i think these cars are pretty good. I just think you got that "one".
Old 02-03-2007, 02:07 AM
kingsmate20
1st Gear Member

I totally agree. No one should have to go through crap like that! There comes a point and a time when they just need to replace the car. Have you done any mods? Make sure that didn't cause anything. Other than that, I've heard about some minor problems, nothing like this though. Overall i think the vibe on the 05-07 is pretty sweet. Let us know what's up. They need to replace your car!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:17 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have had mine for more than a year and have put a lot of mileage on it. The only problem I have had is the Shaker 500 had to be replaced. I didn't see if you answered about the mods. Have you had any tuning done?
Old 02-04-2007, 03:51 PM
ncspack
1st Gear Member

sorry it took me so long to reply. i've had issues with my computer. to answer ya'lls questions, no i haven't done any mods that would affect anything. i've only put a short shifter, straight pipes, and billet pedals on my car. i'm very pessimistic about the dealer getting me another car. they'll probably just smooth it over and basically blow a lot of smoke. had a guy in the service department tell me to call Ford HQ and tell them my concerns about what's probably going to happen when my car reaches 50k miles and it's out of warranty. he also told me to make sure that i inform them that i got rid of a great chevy truck in order to buy my first Ford.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:06 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

you still should contact a lawyer just for the heck of it.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:22 PM
ncspack
1st Gear Member

went to my dealership today and explained my concerns. these are the best costumer service people i've ever dealt with. i sat down in the office of the manager of the entire dealership for an hour and talked about the car and church. he asked me what color would i want if they gave me another one. then the owner of the dealership showed up and talked to me. he told the manager to "make this right" and then walked out. i thought "wow, that was pretty cool". the only problem is Ford Motor Co. My dealership is starting a case file with Ford and it's HQ's choice wether to offer a buy back or not. Manager told me it was pretty much impossible for them to offer it on the first complaint, but we would hound them until the most could be done to help me. Overall, i was very impressed with the entire dealership.

Quick Reply: raging pony or sick mule?