Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Mustang race

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 01:56 AM
kingsmate20
1st Gear Member

Default First Mustang race

So, I'm cruisng home tonight, minding my own business. I pull out from the store pretty quickly, and the rumble from my baby must have sparked someones attention. I look in the rear view and see someone pass a car, in a no passing zone, to come up on my rear and ride my ****. Ok, I think I'm not going to play the tough guy with a muscle car. The car in front of me slows down to turn, and I look back and what do I see, a hood scoop. What do we have here? A red 2004 Mustang. So at a dead stop, we both punch it and 10 seconds later he's a good 50 ft behind me. Had to be a V6. Or stock GT. At the light I headed left, him straight. He gave me a thumbs up, which again, made me realize that owning a Mustang isn't just about having a fast car, it's about being a part of a brotherhood. Is that too cheezy?
Old 02-03-2007, 02:11 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Default RE: First Mustang race

Welcome to "Stang satisfaction. I get challanged a lot in the Baltimore area. Owning a Mustang is belonging to a brotherhood. You should try to find a local cruise or Mustang club in your area. There is more fun in having a Mustang than just driving it.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:14 AM
kingsmate20
1st Gear Member

That os so true. I've been trying to find a local Mustang club. Surely haven't been putting in the effort to find one, but does anyone know where I can find a club here? Also, being the newbie that I am, how do you get every post to list all your mods? Is that by puttin them in you sig?
Old 02-03-2007, 02:15 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

What do you have done to your car?

And he gave you a thumbs up, wow! around here ( orange county ) mustang owners are dicks. I pulled up to a yellow steeda today and I gave the guy the head nod - whats up, kinda thing, he just looked confused then pulled a u-turn. [>:]
Old 02-03-2007, 02:17 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kingsmate20

That os so true. I've been trying to find a local Mustang club. Surely haven't been putting in the effort to find one, but does anyone know where I can find a club here? Also, being the newbie that I am, how do you get every post to list all your mods? Is that by puttin them in you sig?
You can check the regional section here - https://mustangforums.com/forumid_260/tt.htm

And yes, you just put whatever you want it to say in the Signature box in your Profile.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:27 AM
kingsmate20
1st Gear Member

Ok, let's see if this works. The sig that as. I'm in Illinois. Crystal Lake to be exact. People here a pretty cool. It seems like there are 3 Mustang owners here. Types more so.Young kids, not that i'm too old, dudes who do custom cars, and women.. Everyone here is chill and waiting for spring~!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:30 AM
kingsmate20
1st Gear Member

Ok that didn't work. How about now?
Old 02-03-2007, 12:25 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

I had a guy in a '03/'04 GT vert pass me going to Destin last week,we were on open 4-lane,
just cruzin interstsatestyle,enjoyin the ride,we finally caught a light coming into town,
He was stoped and I was rollin up to stop when the light went green; he jumped me by 2
and I beat him by 4. at the next light we pulled over, shot the breeze, admired each others
cars and cruized on, Hangin with my Mustang brothers, Great Day indeed .....
Old 02-03-2007, 01:22 PM
giovani13
1st Gear Member

Hey Kingsmate, check out www.chicagolandmustang.com. Every once in a while there are cruses and meets at a drag strip. My favorite is hearing a dozon Mustangs on lower wacker!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:28 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Great story. Although I don't feel the "brotherhood" here in Northern VA. Whenever I waive or flash the lights at another Stang, they either ignore or look at me like I'm from another planet.

Quick Reply: First Mustang race