Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hooked...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hooked...

ORIGINAL: beefrits
I'm looking at 86 degrees at 12:20. :-)
I'm shivering too much. Someone kick his ***! [:@]
Old 02-06-2007, 05:59 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

While I wouldn't be able to wait, you will appreciate the time you have with those pipes laying around the house. I always like getting new parts and just looking at them for a while before they go on. It helps build the excitement I guess.

Anyway, you don't even need a jack for these man. I'd say head out there and pull the old ones off....should take 10-15 minutes on your back, then bring the old ones inside. Switch over the hangers while you're warming up and then head back out to put the newbies on. You won't be cold for very long.

Here's another idea that might get you in trouble but might work. You could head to a do-it-yourself carwash that's heated and lay down some cardboard while you make the switch. Plus, give your car a bath afterwards so you can sleep at night knowing you weren't actually soliciting.

Good luck
Old 02-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Shaman
1st Gear Member

Crap, man, just run the car until the pipes are smokin hot and remove them then. You won't be thinking about cold at all. It will be nice and toasty under it, lol.I replaced my front grill, fuel door and added sequential tail light harnesses out in the friggen cold, it was about 15 out in the garage with the door up. After the first half hour, I couldn't feel it anymore, and I was so psyched about the things I did to the car, it didn't matter. C'mon lil buckaroo, you can do it...
Old 02-06-2007, 07:03 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arrow

ORIGINAL: beefrits
I'm looking at 86 degrees at 12:20. :-)
I'm shivering too much. Someone kick his ***! [:@]
I'd kick his *** being that I live in AZ too and it would be a short drive, but why would I? I love this weather too.

Come summertime, we'll be bi*ching just as much as you guys (if not more because our cars will be slow as hell!!!)
Old 02-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

haha, you guys are funny. bet your cars get pretty hot in AZ too in the summer. a buddy at work has offered me his place to change them, not heated but inside anyway. Only we got a bunch of snow today and parts of 65 are shut down. took me 1/2 an hour to get 5 miles. so another day...
Old 02-07-2007, 12:29 AM
twoaces

Those are sweet. I am toying with these or Flowmaster. Tell me how they sound when you get them on!