Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Borla Stingers

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 04:51 AM
laxplayer1028
2nd Gear Member

Default Borla Stingers

I was thinking about getting some borla stingers...Does anyone know if they drone or anything.
Post your opinions and reviews of them here.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:54 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Borla Stingers

Please use search my friend!!

Small drone.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:57 PM
gloryboy
2nd Gear Member

They sound sweet. About the deepest sounding axle backs out there. Some drone between about 1800 and 2100 rpm. I actually just pulled mine off because they were a little loud for me w/ LT's and high flow cats, but on the stock system they sound great. It's a subjective thing though, listen to some sound clips........
Old 02-11-2007, 02:40 PM
dskyline
1st Gear Member

I have had my Borlas for about 2 months now and I LOVE them. Yes they do have a drone around 18 - 20k, but if that bothers you that much change your rpms for that moment. I turn off the O/D, and the drone is gone. For me the deep deep sound of theseis worth any drone.
Go to www.youtube.com and search for Borla clips, thats what I did.
Good luck and remember its your Mustang get what you want. :&gt
Old 02-11-2007, 03:12 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

im gonna be an ******* and use this thread to ask my questions about stingers instead of starting a new thread or using search

how loud are they over stock?
do they sound good at high RPMs (roaring), cause i know they sound mean at low RPMs but its hard to tell from the clips.

drone is welcome.

Old 02-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

the only '05 -up GT i've heard with exhaust is my own b/c they are only two GT's around where i'm from; myself and an older man (which his is bone stock). so all i've heard is my '07 with SLP lound mouths. love them, but was wondering is the corsa, borla or frpp's louder at WOT? [sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Old 02-11-2007, 04:01 PM
NEPATS
1st Gear Member

I love mine, if its over 30 degrees I am driving with the windows open, slight drone at 1.8-2k but more than worth it. You can tell its not stock in idle, parking lot, and crusing. When you open it up, watch out. A guy tried to pull on me in a TT a while ago, when I mashed it, it scared the **** outta his girlfriend so badIsaw her window going up as I pulled away. Ahh Euros, no testosterone.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

LOL I've scared people with mine like that too! I wouldn't trade my Borla's for anything. Like was said, I try and drive with my window open at least a little to enjoy the sound that much more.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:46 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

love mine with the kooks LT high flow cat setup....they are night and day over stock as far as loudness goes, IMO....not obnoxious....but definitely will rumble the garage doors at start up....they mellow down after the car has warmed up and will growl at regular driving and roar at WOT.....love em...
Old 02-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I love mine for the most part but they aren't loud enough, at least not from the inside at WOT. I wanna try a an O/R H-pipe with resonators but someone in another thread said that the overall volume decreased. I don't see how resonators absorb more sound than cats but maybe its true. Maybe an O/R prochamber will give me the volume without trumpeting.

Quick Reply: Borla Stingers