Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone spraying nitrous thru charge motion plates

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:13 PM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

Default Anyone spraying nitrous thru charge motion plates

I want to do a wet shot but worried about fuel / nitrous mixture puddling inintake mannifold
anyone spraying thru delete plates with the nozzle ports
Old 02-12-2007, 11:27 PM
searay2006
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone spraying nitrous thru charge motion plates

I was wondering the same thing, the Steeda plates have the holes for spray. I would like to know what kit is used for the Steeda plates? [sm=nxsmile.gif]
Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Nobody makes a kit for this. You would only use this kind of NOS setup on a very serious race car. There are numerous disadvantages to an individual-cylinder nitrous system: They are very expensive (8 nozzles). They require complex custom plumbing. You have to be very vigilant about nozzle clogging and equalizing flow between the nozzles. It is easy for one nozzle to be clogged or some to flow more than others, in which case you will have one cylinder running dangerously lean or rich...and that is hard to detect until something blows.

The only time that I can think of in which someone would be willing to put up with all of that would be if they were shooting so much nitrous that a single-nozzle system just couldn't support that kind of flow. Even the professional drag race guys I know will only run a multiple-nozzle system if they have no other choice.

On a street setup with a typical shotpuddling is not a concern.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:36 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Direct port is Awesome for making huge amounts of power, but you need a Built bottom end to handle it. Direct port can give you a 300 hp shot very safely. I have seen many Direct port setups on EFI drag cars that run 500hp shots.

NX has a very nice direct port kit. When done properly they are very reliable. (Those that run big time shots will filter there nitrous before filling the tanks and also have an inline filter to cut down on any contaiments in the lines) The most critical issue is to have properly setup lines to each nozzel.

You could hide a direct port setup on the 3v engine very nicely between the valley by tapping the CMCV plates.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:41 PM
bobby1110
3rd Gear Member

i am spraying and have delete plates and i have no problem with puddeling. we just want be able to spray enough to worry about it. so go for it you will love it.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:53 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

YOU CAN NOT use a direct port on the stock motor.. You will blow the motor.. A direct port kit has a very big shot as the smallest shot possible so its not an option on a stock block.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:09 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vsop

YOU CAN NOT use a direct port on the stock motor.. You will blow the motor.. A direct port kit has a very big shot as the smallest shot possible so its not an option on a stock block.
This is not necissarily true. You can run a 100HP or less shot with direct port, you just need the right jets. However, you are right that most direct-port kits are designed for much more HP.

Practically speaking, the only reason to run a direct-port setup is when you want to spray more nitrous than a single-nozzle setup will allow....but If you wanted to, you could rig up a direct-port kit with a small shot. I just don't know why you would do such a thing....it'd be a lot of money for no benefit over a standard setup.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:14 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

you could rid one up, but there is a good chance it will blow your engine. I have been told by the racecar guys I know that run DP shots that with small jets that the flow to each nozzel will vary enough that it can cause one port to run lean..
Old 02-13-2007, 07:27 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Crazy all do you know if they sell the nx nitrous plates alone? I would prefer doing 2 75 shots in each TB hole instead of 150 in the intake.

Andrew
Old 02-13-2007, 08:06 PM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

Thanks AL, Jus seeing wut my options where, by far shooting it after themass air sensor is the cheapest way, Im looking at the zex site now, i have no ?'ss about installing the kit thats the easiest partbut, in the pictures its mixing the nitrous with the fuel this is ok for my intake manifold i want everything to be safe. like u said it wouldnt puddle on a street setup, I understand that but wouldI have any problems with any other components,Im thinkin about 100 maybe 150 shotwitha dyno tune .hopefully it wont throw a rod
http://www.zex.com/

Quick Reply: Anyone spraying nitrous thru charge motion plates