Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed vs Steeda CAI & Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 05:44 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Default Brenspeed vs Steeda CAI & Tune

I am trying to decide between Brenspeed's C&L CAI/tune and Steeda's CAI/tune. Steeda claims that their CAI and tune will increase RWHP by 30 - 35 HP. Brenspeed only gives a quarter mile time/speed with Mac mufflers.

I haven't seen many people speak of the Steeda CAI and tune on this forum. I did a search and nothing has been discussed lately about the Steeda CAI/tune. What I did find is that several people were running rich and didn't seem that the tune was setup specifically for their mods - that was posted almost a year ago.

Note: I plan on getting the Steeda underdrive pulleys and Steeda axle-back exhaust.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeed vs Steeda CAI & Tune

I don't really know anything about steeda's tune, but I have the intake with brenspeed tune, and it's great!

I also have the Steeda axle-back and love them also, but now I want them louder
Old 02-21-2007, 06:18 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Is Steeda a custom or canned tune. If its custom it might be ok, but if they are not asking what your other mods are then it is canned and not worth the money IMO.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Tommy07

For what its worth I am having a Steeda CAI and Steeda tune put on my car in the morning and they wanted to know what other upgrades I had made. I am also having the flowmasters and cats taken off and going with an X-pipe and axle back system by PYPES. I will let you know what I think of the tune and CAI.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:06 AM
MIKE562
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Is Steeda a custom or canned tune. If its custom it might be ok, but if they are not asking what your other mods are then it is canned and not worth the money IMO.
+1
Old 02-22-2007, 12:54 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I inquired about Steeda's tune. They said that their tune is specific for the their mods only, which is OK because I was going to purchase their power pack and axle-back exhaust anyway. The power pack includes the CAI, tuner,and underdrive pullies. While I was there, I am also going to have theminstall the tri-ax shifter.

I am still on the fence whether or not to supercharge (Roush for the warranty) or do the above for a third of the price of a Roushcharger. If a warranty issue arises with the Steeda mods, Iknow that I will have to reflash the computer and put on the OEM intake back on.

Tommy07 - How do you like the Steeda CAI/tune? Did you do the underdrive pullies?
Old 02-22-2007, 03:18 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

I have the Steeda CAI with SCT tuner. Did it on both the C300 and the Roush. There was an immediate and dramatic difference in acceleration. I did the tune myself using the prompts and it works great. You will love the Tri-ax shifter, very positive and not as clunky and the Hurst.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:41 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

I have the Steeda CAI with a 91 Brenspeed tune (AZ doesn't sell 93)and once Brent got my tune right the car was fast as hell. There is no real hp difference between C&L, Steeda, and JLT. In fact, JLT is supposedly a little better for hp on an otherwise stock engine, but is not offered with a 90mm+ inlet which is recommended for an aggressive cam setup.

Bottomline: You will get good gains with anything. I personally like the aesthetics of the Steeda which is why I went with it. Lighter than the C&L and a prettier shield.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:02 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Tommy07 - How did you like the Steeda CAI/tune?

okbfd - Is your tune from Steeda or another tuner like Brenspeed? Brenspeed seems to have a huge following with their tunes.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

I heard that the Steeda CAI and FRPP CAI one in the same???????? Any truth to this?

Quick Reply: Brenspeed vs Steeda CAI & Tune