Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Problem-Please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:32 PM
mitssn
1st Gear Member

Default Problem-Please help

Hey I have an '06 Mustang GT w/ a JLTII intake, SCT tuner w/ 91 octane tune from Evo, pypes offroad x-pipes, JBA mufflers, steeda UDP, and some suspension stuff... After a spirited burnout session (by my father inlaw), the car is different!!

There is a slight loss of power and the exhaust is WAY quieter. It gets quieter as it gets warmer. I sat in trafficyesterday and ithad becomevery muffled. This thing used to be damn loud, now overnight it's not! When I downshift and decelerate, normally it would be loud and gurgly. Now it's quiet. It also "feels" as if when you downshift, that the tranny is not slowing the car down as aggressively. There is definetly something wrong.

I can not figure out what it is and I don't want it to hurt anything. I have so far changed the plugs, cleaned theMAF, changed the diff fluid (i was gonna do that anyways), looked in the muffler (to make sure one of my pissed off neighbors hadn't put anything in it). Please!! Whatcan it be???

Thank you!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:47 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Problem-Please help

I have no idea what could have happened as a result of doing a burnout. You've checked a lot of things but at this point you should try reloading the tune. Can't see why anything would have changed but it shouldn't hurt to reload and see if your performance comes back.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:07 PM
mitssn
1st Gear Member

I've reloaded the tune---it's the same... Gets quiet and lower loss when it's warm...
Old 02-22-2007, 01:37 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

My car is loud on initial start up and gets quiter after it warms up(but no to quiet) its just a normal thing when the car warms up it runs smoother.I think its all in your head.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:33 PM
mitssn
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdback19

My car is loud on initial start up and gets quiter after it warms up(but no to quiet) its just a normal thing when the car warms up it runs smoother.I think its all in your head.
I thought that maybe it was at first, but there is definetly something wrong... I'm talking about going from LOUD, to sounding like a stock Honda Accord overnight! and there is definetly power loss...
Old 02-22-2007, 06:44 PM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Didone of your catalytic converters break apart? That would cause a car to get quieter and lose power.

Just thinking out loud....
Old 02-22-2007, 07:14 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06VistaBlueGT

Didone of your catalytic converters break apart? That would cause a car to get quieter and lose power.

Just thinking out loud....
good thought; i would check that..........
Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 PM
mitssn
1st Gear Member

O/R x-pipes. I have no cats! Man I just drove it again and it's freakin weird. It is so quiet when driving.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

i have no ideas to share. i would contact a respected company or stop by your local mechanic and let him have a look
Old 02-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Shaman
1st Gear Member

Sounds lke a compression prob. pull one plug at a time check the compression of each cylinder. Maybe a few burnt valves, busted rings, like that...