Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WHAT ALL DO I NEED?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Hoof_N_It06 GT
1st Gear Member

Default WHAT ALL DO I NEED?

I just bought a set of H & R super sport spring kit for my 06 GT. I am wondering if those go right on or do I have to get some kind of camber kit and shortened struts or anything like that. Please help the springs are on their way. Thanks.

Jared
Old 03-01-2007, 01:52 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Default RE: WHAT ALL DO I NEED?

i believe they are just replacements, I could be wrong though
Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You can just put them in.....you will need an alignment and maybe a set of camber bolts. Technically you should get some adj LCAs. There are several very detailed threads on this. Use the search and check this out:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=60937
Old 03-01-2007, 02:41 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

The post above says it all, but here are the basics..

With the H&Rsuper sports, unless you like alot of negcamber, you may need camber bolts. The car will need an alignment for sure. In the back, being you are dropping quite a bit you will likely need an adj panhard. I would also change the upper strut bearings at the same time for 13 bucks a piece from ford.

I spoke to H&R and the spring rates on those springs is such that you will be under damped with the stock struts and the ride may not be great and will get worse over time. I would not use stock struts with a 1.5" drop spring. Especially since H&R springs are known to be a tad stiffer than eibach traditionally. H&Rsaid that the standard sport springs may be ok with the stock shocks, but no way with the super sports.

I am goingwith the standard H&R sport springs in a few weekswhich are more like a 3/4"-1" drop. My rear axel is a little off in the other direction already. So I am hoping I will not need the adj panhard. But I have accepted the fact that I may need one. Being I want a little more neg camber,I am not using camber bolts. Many have used these springs and the steedaswithoutneeding the bolts to stay within spec.I doall my own alignmentsthough,so I am not really that worried about it.

Ialso decided to throw onBilsteins too.Thenew springs are stiffer, I think the car is underdampedat times as isand pitches too much front to rear. I wanted to improve handling not justlower. I would rather be slightly overdamped tha under.

I actually am building two completely new front strut assemblies on the bench andleaving the originals intact.The only other parts I needed were the insulators for the springs as I amreplacing strutbearings too.