Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MAC Or JBA Axleback?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:20 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MAC Or JBA Axleback?

Just installed my MACs today. I love em and I love em, They are louder than the clips. The clips don't really bring out the true sound.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:31 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Go with the JBA or Borla.....I have heard both and they sound great louder than stock and I didn't notice and drone at that time. I have magnapacks and they didn't drone until a short "break in" (though technically there is no break in period) and they drone only slightly at about 1800 RPM's. Noticeable to me but others look at me like WTF you talking about sounds great to me!....LOL so i am not worried and still love the sound!
Old 03-03-2007, 01:17 AM
IrishChris79

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Go with the JBA or Borla.....I have heard both and they sound great louder than stock and I didn't notice and drone at that time. I have magnapacks and they didn't drone until a short "break in" (though technically there is no break in period) and they drone only slightly at about 1800 RPM's. Noticeable to me but others look at me like WTF you talking about sounds great to me!....LOL so i am not worried and still love the sound!

At this point I narrowed It down to MAC & BORLA because I only found a couple of sound clips of the JBA's & don't know anyone who has them. I don't hear much about them, so I guess their out. I know MAGNAFLOW makes a good system for the Vette & I'm sure the Mustang as well. I thought I saw a complete Catback system for the 05+ IfI remember correctly. Do you or anyone else know about that system & how It sounds? That would be agreat choice If I knew It sounded like what I'm looking for.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:33 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Check this website out and listen to the sound/video clips of the complete Catback system for the 05+ on magnaflows website....http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/04american.asp. Oh and off topic listen to the Cadillac CTS-V drive by....it sounds awesome! A good computer subwoofer will help! J
Old 03-03-2007, 04:02 AM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

Stingers FTW!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:45 PM
IrishChris79

Thanks for the Magnaflow Link The Magnapacks sound sick!! I'm very Impressed to say the least. I'm gonna look up some more clips of the Mac's and Magnaflows & then just order one of them. I will let you all know which one I choose, how It sounds and how I like Itonce Installed. I will try to get some pics of my car with the exhaust once I have It on.
Oh one last thing....A buddy of mine works for a Ford dealer out here on the Island so I stopped by and we went for a ride In a 2007 Automatic GTCoupe. I must say WOW!!! I couldn't believe the pull of this thing!! It felt faster than mine even. It shifted beautifully too, It's just a shame they don't have a Tap shiftlike the Vette or an autoshift anyway.
Hey thanks again for the replies everyone! If anyone else has something to add about anything, feel free asI can use all the advice I can get ~CHRIS
Old 03-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

Hey guys! Anyone wanting to purchase some MAC's feel free to pm me. I bought them and had them on for one day. Still have the original box and everything, they have less than ten miles on them!!
Old 03-04-2007, 02:26 AM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

JBA? ive heard pretty good things about them... think about what you plan to do in the future as well, example combine the JBA or MAC axleback with a set of long tube headers or x/h.....
Old 03-04-2007, 12:57 PM
IrishChris79

ORIGINAL: Drew47000000

Hey guys! Anyone wanting to purchase some MAC's feel free to pm me. I bought them and had them on for one day. Still have the original box and everything, they have less than ten miles on them!!
Thanks Drew If you still have them for sale by the end of next week & If I decide I would rather have them over the Magnaflows I will throw you a PM for sure. I was going topurchasemy final choice of exhaust next friday (Pay Day) Best of luck with the sale~
Old 03-04-2007, 10:52 PM
sams66

I have the flowmaster axleback, got them in 1 day from summit racing www.summitracing.com for like 270. I love the sound, not too loud inside the car. I had my wife drive away and towards me so I could here them from the outside, they sound awesome, very aggressive and signature mustang. someone suggested going to youtube. there are many examples for flowmaster, borla, mac, slp etcon 05-06 stangs.

Sam

Quick Reply: MAC Or JBA Axleback?