Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FORCED INDUCTION

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:43 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Default FORCED INDUCTION

I am not looking to drag race with my Mustang. In fact, I dont know that I would ever take her to a strip. But I do want to have the power available when I need it on the street. I like to play from time to time and I like know that the power is available when I want it. Twin screw, Centrifugal, which tune...etc!

I am at a loss with this decision! One supercharger does not seem to be significantly better than the other when comparing the lists of pro's vrs con's. I am not interested in a turbo - so please do not post about them.

Of thepoll options listed- and based on the kit you ACTUALLY have - what are the pro's and con's that you have encountered now that you have it installed. I like the fact that Brenspeed and JDM both offer complete kits. I do not like ordering from 10 different sites and having to sit back waiting for delivery.....and God help me if I order something from a site that didnt mark their item as NOT IN STOCK.

Have I just become so twisted within the modificationaddiction that I have ultimately lost my ability to make a decision here?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
caneboy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FORCED INDUCTION

Where are the turbos?.....Hellion Turbo.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:24 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

They are listed under the second paragraph....
How do you have a hellion turbo and a C&L CAI anyways? [sm=nono.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Can someone please tell me the biggest difference (besides design) in....say....the whipple versus the paxton. Will the difference be in the torque curve, more bottom end, higher rev required, etc?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Casey39er

I was going throught this very same decision process about six months ago. After months of research and asking questions I decided for the Whipple WK-200750B kit. I fould it on a few websites for $5999.00 Shipped.

I had a local Mustang speciality performance shop do the install. They stated it was the most complete, detailed, and well thought out SC kit they have installed. They also did a custom tune for it on the dyno using SCT 2 software and tuner. As you can see by my Sig, I have an Automatic Transmission, so with that and being conservative with the tuning parameters (not a race car) it easly put down 436 hp and 411 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels, and that is with using the 8 lb pully. (8 lb and 10 lb are supplied with kit)

I have had it on my car now for about six weeks and I could not be happier. The throttle response is amazing. Off the line, arount town, and at WOT. It is just a blast to drive. No badges and no stickers the ultimate sleeper. The only way for potential victims to tell, is by the ear-to-ear grin I have on my face when I am driving it. And did I mention how good it looks under the hood? Many compliments...

http://www.highperformancestangs.com...php?photo=1772

Anyway, good luck on your decision. Just my 2 Cents

Old 03-09-2007, 10:46 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Hey, 2ID guy... the link you attached says I need a password in order to access the photo.
Wuusssup with that yo?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

y not consider a Vortech if ur thinking centri.... they have the best quality rep from what I know....

I have mine about a month now... love it.... 435RWHP on very streetable tune... with stock pully max 10.2 boost @ 6300 or so.... also less $$ then the twin-screw setups...
Old 03-09-2007, 10:57 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

I was told that the Vortec and Paxton are basically one in the same.....

I do not know if I would feel comfortable at 10 lbs of boost. I love this thing too much and would worry every time I stomped on it that I would see a rod shoot through the aluminum hood. I am looking to stay somewhere around 5-8 lbs of boost.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Casey39er

Sorry about the picture link.

Try this one: http://www.highperformancestangs.com...r=164&sl=c
Old 03-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

they could be... I dont know.. .the Vortech seems to be a bit more popular in my reading.... my speed shop owner has had a Vortech in a DD/SCCA autocross car for 12 years (i think) and never had any problems with it.... the 10PSI is so high in the rev band I dont worrry as I hardly let her rev that high....and from my understanding it really the total HP that is more the issue... 450RWHP seems to me the concensus of the upper limits that are safe with the stock interals........

what every you choose you'll be happy... good luck
Old 03-09-2007, 11:43 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I have been waiting for 1 week now for my Saleen. I have been researching it for a year... it really is going to depend allot on what you want to acheive and how much you want to spend...me, I want 400RWHP, I too am not looking for a rocketship with 9+ lbs of boost....slightly concenerned about internals and engine life expectancy. Could have had a paxton installed much cheaper than what I spent. Brenspeed (IMO ) has the best rep for their supercharger package> piece mealing is a lil bit of a pita...everyday this week I have a package coming in from somewhere and some different carrier..actually it was pretty funny, Had DHL, UPS and FED EX within 2 minutes of each other...neighbors might call the police and think i am doing something wrong...anyhow...with what it sounds like you want to do, i would steer towards saleen< KB or Whipple.....however if you are looking for convenience...then call Brent or Daveat Brenspeed and see what he can do for you on his paxton package.....they have superior customer service and they will listen to you and fix you up. If you are looking for convenience of one stop shopping and want Saleen...then go with JDM, but please note you will pay$$ for it...(compared to shopping around) just remember as people had advised me, only you know what $$ you want to spend and how....so good luck with whatever you choose....

Quick Reply: FORCED INDUCTION