Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What is it with chevy owners alwas talking smack?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:50 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What is it with chevy owners alwas talking smack?

It would be like if we talked smack about being able to spank the Cavalier...lol

Remember the Cobalt SS is still a Cavalier. If modded right it might give us a run ( modded is the keyword).
Old 03-12-2007, 10:53 PM
MIKE562
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

People talk trash no matter what they drive. Mustang owners do it too.

A fast car is a fast car to me. Ford, Chevy, Mopar, Lamborghini, whatever.

rice is retarded though. Super retarded
+1 on rice is super retarded
Old 03-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

They were abused children.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:57 AM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chupac

I'm sure there are a few things that will erk me but I can deal with it because, this car is FUN AS H**LL!!!
Oh yeah. I'm +1 on that all day long! You know, I was just thinking the exact same thing this morning. The only reason I didn't drive it for the rest of the day is because it's torn apart for the S/C install!! Woohoo!

Anyway, I've been through chevy.com or whatever a couple of times and their threads usually have some kind of Mustang bashing; calling them "gay", are for "gay people" and people that drive them are "pussies." Seems to be a lot of resentment or something and as I was reading them I was thinking to myself: "Man, I'm glad I'm in the Mustang forumswhere the people are cool."

You know, I even read a post from an admittedMustang owner taking sides with them. I wanted to vomit and decided that I'd had enough and won't go back there. I just went there to see what kinds of stuff they were talking about. Found a lot of it is how much they hate Mustangs and Mustang people. Don't even know me and talking so much ****, so I one-finger salute them in their threads and offer a big "F you."
[sm=chairshot.gif]
Old 03-13-2007, 04:22 AM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

look they talk smack because they hate how the mustang is the most popular muscle car ever, period, the fact that the mustang is the american icon for a bada$$ car is enough to **** them off, people around the world collect mustangs as if they were our exotics, but hey i like american muscle in general, lets beat up on the imports and all be friends cause thats our major competitor now
Old 03-13-2007, 05:00 AM
TonyBone6

imastrong FORD and CHEVY lover, andi agree with what most are saying, but besides looks....the chevys got the edge. dont get me wrong....ive seen some hella sexy camaros and t/a, along with some sexy mustangs(mine). but their talking smack cause their whipping us. and bad. we laugh at rice because they dont compare...but up until now...our mustangs have been on the losing streak every year.....and they laugh atFORD guys always falling short.i mean....the 02s are 5 years old and still beat most s197s on here that arent modded...whether by a little or alot. its just facts. you may not like their looks, sound, interior, reliability, etc.....but when it comes to a true performance enthusiastist....it doesnt matter and its about what performs better(ls1s). theres nothing good about looking nice losing in front of your girlfriend

some may argue the fact about cobra vs z28/ss....but most cobras stock for stock still come up short compared to the maros of comparableyears. so whos to the rescue? the terminator. but some wanna be as petty to argue the 1.1 displacement advantage chevys got?....but we're comparing a blown car to the still n/a ***** out camaro? lets throw half the boost on the chevy and its lights out again for ford.....

Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TonyBone6

some may argue the fact about cobra vs z28/ss....but most cobras stock for stock still come up short compared to the maros of comparableyears. so whos to the rescue? the terminator. but some wanna be as petty to argue the 1.1 displacement advantage chevys got?....but we're comparing a blown car to the still n/a ***** out camaro? lets throw half the boost on the chevy and its lights out again for ford.....
There is nothing wrong with comparing a blown car to a N/A car. Especially when we are talking stock from the factory and raw performance numbers. They are what they are. I am referring to two factory stock vehicles that cost essentially the same price.

If you throw a blower on thatCamaro, now you have a car that costs several thousand dollars morethan the Cobra, and the comparison becomes between a factory stock car and a moddified car which isn't fair.

I don't deny that the Cobras (except the Terminator) come up short againstthe Z28s/SSs, but they are very very close. Much closer than comparing them to the lower priced 2V/3V GTswhich mostChevy fansalways seem to focus on.

Hell the 2005-2007 S197 GTs cost less TODAY than that 2002 Camaro SS did FIVE YEARS AGO. I sure as hell hope the Camaro SS is faster stock for stock.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Drivesthebeast
2nd Gear Member

They keep waffling on the release of it...By the time they DO release the Camaro, Ford will have a huge R&D headstart with the S197, and they will be able to build a car that's equal in most respects, if not better. Autoline Detroit and other people in the know have already stated that Niether GM nor Chrysler can build a car like the S197 for the same money. They actually said to count on them being at least 10K more...
Old 03-14-2007, 07:36 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

I don't think Ford has ever been trying to compete with Chevy in power. I mean, come on. All they would have to do is bump up the Cubes and put a 4 valve in there and there you would have it. Ford's mentality is "Let Chevy do what they do while we put them out of business". If any Chevy guy doubts this, check the sales of each. The new Camaro is going to be the best selling Maro I believe though. It's the first one to compete with the Mustang's sexiness.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:17 PM
cerino2000
1st Gear Member

If I was a devoted Ford guy, I would be mad about them not stepping up the base power more on the GT's at least. Right now I appreciate the total package but it would be great if these new mustangs were running a 351 or something with 400 HP. Kinda curious as to why Ford hasn't done this and stepped up to the plate powerwise.

Coming from Chevy land, we don't even consider the cobras for a very specific reason. For you guys, it's your top dog (exclude the GT) so you always bring it up, and when we compare that, right off the bat we say, big deal, our top dog is the Corvette, not the Camaro SS or Ram Air TA,and it runs circles around the cobra so it's another win for us.

Then break out the latest GT500 and we still say, no biggie. Say hello to my little friend the C6 Z06 and it's yet another spanking.

We always consider ourselves the top of the food chain.

BUT...For someone like myself, GM has really let us down. Ineeded something sporty with rear seats. Gee...what are our choices in GM land? Nothing worthy of me buying and sadly, instead, I bought a Ford. The only manufacturer that had something that fit the bill. Ya, it's slow compared to what I am used to but it looks damn good, it sounds kick-***, priced decent, and it's damn nice to drive so what the hell.

Quick Reply: What is it with chevy owners alwas talking smack?