Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:44 PM
lloydrage

Default what should I do?

I am trying to decide what intake to get. I like the look of the shaker, but dont know the hp gain. It seems Roush gives some good gains. Which intake do you suggest?

BTW I have an 07 mustang gt auto
Old 03-11-2007, 07:55 PM
lloydrage

Default RE: what should I do?

anyone?

It also seems Steeda is a good one
Old 03-11-2007, 08:15 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

The best performing CAIs are the C&L and the JLT. These are the two brands that consistently get the best HP numbers and the best reviews.

Most of the shaker systems on the market work OK. They aren't any better than the aforementioned intakes, but they aren't bad either. I would not buy a shaker hood from a performance standpoint--it's just extra money for no better performance. But, if you want one for the look, then you aren't taking a loss on HP--by all means, if that's the look you want, go ahead and get one.

If you want more info do a forum search, there are dozens upon dozens of threads about CAIs.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:42 PM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

50 mustang and fast fords mag has a whole work up of about 15 different intakes and all the results look it up. i just recommend going off of what u think will look the best under your hood to u. they are very similar all around on gains.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:12 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

idk about the shaker hood. I would think that alot of crap would get stuck and would have to be cleaned