Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang Gt = "A" Hole Magnet

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:59 PM
topdownboy
1st Gear Member

Default Mustang Gt = "A" Hole Magnet

Have you guys noticed that since you bought your mustang that every young ***** driving any peice of crap, wants to race you at the lights? Or they "goose"it besides you to show how "much" power THEY have?

And are people really IGNORANT how fast the new mustangs really are? I was at a set of lights waiting for the light to turn green and a new Dodge pickup truck was beside me. We both new the lane merges just past the light....light turns green...guess what he does kids? He floors it! Is this guy kidding? Well I couldnt let him get away with that right? I dont need to tell you the outcome, but the traction control did its job. I could feel my car zig zagging inn the rear end after each shift ....pretty cool actually.

Are there pickup trucks out there that could give a new Stang GT a hard time? Maybe even lose to a truck? I know the Ford Lightning is fast and could beat the Stang but are there any others?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:03 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Gt = "A" Hole Magnet

There's that Dodge with the Viper motor in it. I know it's fast but I think the weight of it really hurts the performance. Not sure about how quick it is but I have a feeling it could be a thorn in our side.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:09 PM
GOATKILLER
2nd Gear Member

THE DODGE SRT 10 RAM! THAT THING IS SO HEAVY THAT IT CANT EVEN GET OUT OF ITS OWN WAY PACKING A VIPER MOTOR!!! THE STOCK TIMES FOR IT ARE RANGING FROM 13.3- TO 13.6! I DONT KNOW IF I BELIEVE THAT!

EVEN IF THEY CAN BEAT OUR STANGS, YOU CAN LOOK OVER AT HIM AND SHAKE YOUR HEAD AND LAUGH, BECAUSE THAT IDIOT JUST DROPPED OVER $50,000 ON A CLUNKY PICKUP TRUCK!!!! WHAT A BAFOOON!!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I've eatin alteast 4 Rams...every time I'm at a light w/ them...they gun it! every time.

I eatin fx45
fx35
ram 1500
chevy whatever

funny last nite i had my mom in the car i was turning onto the high way where its 2lanes for a few secs and shore enough the chevy truck behind going flyiny past. My mom did say that best thing being that she doesnt know much about cars/trucks: "look at that guy; all that noise and he not even going that fast"

and he start slowing down at a green light and the second he turned yellow; he gunned it leaving me the red...i really didnt care since he did it in front of a cop and i didnt want to be next to him anymore.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

Man, I was thinking about making a post just like this today. It happened to me yesterday, an old Dodge Pickup and a 2000ish Mustang v6. Now, the Mustang was driving really slow, because of this truck, well, the stang gunned it and the 6'r passed the truck and the truck did nothing. When I did, the truck gunned it! I blew it away and sped ahead. Man was that truck loud. It had racing stripes on it but they didn't help it go faster. Well, I caught up to the mustang (I was only going 60 in a 55) and he gunned it. I let him go for some reason. My heart was pumping and about 2 miles down the road the truck caught up in traffic, when I turned to go home, he had to gun it again while waving at me like crazy red necks.
I normally stay away from these encounters though, my wife keeps saying they may shoot me one day She'd like that!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

12 second trucks are not unheard of, but they are of course modded. So there are a few legit quick ones out there. The last SVT lightnings were solid 13 second vehicles. A lot of truck owners like to go fast like the rest of us, which is probably why they like to pick "fights"on the road.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

I have ALL of you beat...
We had a ricer convention here on Panama City Beach, this weekend !!
I have never heard so many fart cans in my life!!
There were a few that looked ok, but they were severely out-numbered by
The A$$-clown posers,thinkin they starred in Toyko Drift.
One almost met the drop-hitch on my F-150 while being to cool for school.
It's Monday and all isquiet ..........................
Old 03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
nick_svs
1st Gear Member

I've noticed that, too. It's funny because I've ridden my sportbike as a daily driver in the city since '03. The only person who ever tried to race it was in a new edge Mach 1--after I dusted him and slowed down he did the ricer fly-by.

But, everybody tries to race my GT. Ricers. Trucks. Fox Stangs (understandable). Hell, I had some guy in a minivan try to race me. I just let 'em go now. If I raced everybody who wanted to race, then my license would be gone before I could finish running errands.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:59 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

Whats-up Nick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kept ol blue safe at home this weekend , LOL !!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

what would be a few cars that stock to stock I shouldn't mess with?

Quick Reply: Mustang Gt = "A" Hole Magnet