Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ANYONE TRY THE GRANATELLI TURBO YET?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:27 AM
nem
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ANYONE TRY THE GRANATELLI TURBO YET?

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

This is a much better deal and this set-up will kick the crap out of the GMS and Hellion kit for over a grand less...

https://mustangforums.com/m_2939363/...tm.htm#2939363

something fishy about this. i wouldnt buy it.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:14 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Nothing fishy about it. Mark just went with a custom set up since I think the one he is selling just didn't do what he needed it to do, keep in mind he has been building a 9 sec car thats is all street. Dont know him but from reading post and speaking with him over time I think he is on the up and up
Old 03-27-2007, 04:59 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Of course I am on the up and up. It's a good deal because I am going a different route and have already shelled out $3500 for my new set-up and need to recoup some of the money quickly.

Just to give some more info the kit is COMPLETE Powerhouse Kit with all plumbing and has an upgraded 50mm tial BOV and 38mm tial wastegate and the head unit is a custom 76mm Precision unit with a Q trim Turbonetics exhaust housing. It's currently set-up as a Blow through or you can change it back to a suck through. Obviously some tuning is needed, but if you decide to keep it as a blow through (which is the best BTW), then I will also include the injector slopes and mass air transfer functions which is the bulk of what your tuner needs to tune it.

This set-up will cost you 7K to do and it is a steal for $4000 but I need to sell it quickly.

If the buyer is in so cal, I will even help install it for you.

WHY?? because BIG power (750+ rwhp) doesn't work as a street car with a turbo...period. You will not find a single turbo kit on an auto making over 650 rwhp that can run for crap on the street. It's great as a track only car or a reasonable (under 650 rwhp) street car but turbos hit too hard to work effeciently on the street with big psi levels in these modular motors. If you run pump gas safe timing levels, your intake tepms become serious and if you up the timing to compensate, then you have octane issues and so on and so forth. I am building a mid 9 sec actual STREET car, and I just can't do it with a turbo.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:08 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

good deal, I tell you what I would think by now this 9 sec shi* has become a pain in the ***. But I got to give it to you there is no quit in you "old man" lol. I think most people just dont get what your doing, and you may not either lol. Good luck. one thing I can take from you (when I got my car I wanted a 10 sec street car) now I am just looking for a low to mid 11's car that looks and runs great with out breaking down alot, not that I dont have the money to do what you are doing, I just dont have the ***** to F with something like that, I would end up divorced, kids gone and more than likely I might of killed someone.
Again good luck!
Old 03-27-2007, 05:24 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Stick to that and you will be fine!! You have everything you need to have a low 11 sec car that is a great DD on the street. Trust me, I go to A LOT of tracks and that makes you faster than 90% of everyone else there in street cars...lol

This has been a PIA - no doubt and I should just give up but I'm just too darn stubborn I guess...lol

The main problem I have is there isn't really anyone I can follow or get info from. Nobody has what I'm trying to do and it makes it tough for me to get good advice and feedback. I know Justin Burcham, David, Beyer, John Mohovitz, and a lot of FAST guys but they all have track cars and I'm quickly finding that 9 sec and STREET are kind of an oxymoron...lol

I am going with an independent belt screw blower and should get me where I want, but I've given up on the '9 sec' word. If it gets me low 10's reliably, I'll be satisfied and call it quits.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:31 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Good deal. Your right there is no one else doing what your doing, so you have to learn the hard way, in the wallet. You 100% right about being 90% faster than most guys, I can live with that. Well dont give up and remember at least you have the ***** to do what most people only dream of doing with a car.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:43 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Thanks I appreciate the words but I'm getting tired, really tired and this is my last go at it. It's not even about the money for me anymore, it's about the car being down forever.[:@]

Whatever I get out of this screw blower set-up, I'm done and will be happy with it.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:52 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

yeah being down without the car does suck more than anything because money is not going to speed up time, I have already learned the hard way that this kind of stuff doesn't happen overnight! I waited 3 weeks for my turbo, then when speaking to someone else he said he waited a year and half just to get setup done right, I thought to myself damn what am I complaining about. So the time thing is what's bothering me the most.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:29 PM
KIMMER
1st Gear Member

The only reason I can't buy it from you at the moment is lack of funds.[:-] Unless someone around the southwest michigan area is looking for a John Deere 757 zero turn commercial mower. I plan on listing it on egay in a couple weeks and it should bring $5000 plus. Just waiting for a couple parts from the dealer to replace that the previous owner damaged. I'll keep in touch with you to see if you have it when I get rid of the mower.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:35 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Anyone who questions fordfanboy cant read his sig and has never seen or heard his story. I have much respect and would 100% trust buying a turbo kit from him. WHY WERENT YOU SELLLING IT WHEN I GOT MY HELLION!!!!!!!!!!!![:@] Ok im done.[:-]

Quick Reply: ANYONE TRY THE GRANATELLI TURBO YET?