Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ok folks, it's SUPERCHARGER TIME! WHOOHOO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:52 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default Ok folks, it's SUPERCHARGER TIME! WHOOHOO!!!

I have been drooling over the idea for so long I've finally done it, bye bye Ford warranty, including the one I paid to extend the factory one! Oh well, so much for original intentions.

The time has come to install a Vortech S-Trim SuperCharger. Kurgan Motorsports (http://www.kurganmotorsports.com/) is heading up the project with the following parts.

Vortech 110SQ SuperCharger set for 8 to 9 lbs of boost
MAF for Vortech Kit
Mototron 60lb injectors with adaptor harness
Vortech dual pump assembly
Kurgan MotorsportsDyno and custom tuning
Installation will be handled by Eurotech in Machesney Park, IL

The installation is set to happen after the SC shows up hopefully on April 7th to be completed by 10th. I'll post more after I get the car back and have driven it.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:12 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ok folks, it's SUPERCHARGER TIME! WHOOHOO!!!

Nice man !! Another SCed pony

And 60 lb injectors? woot [:-]
Old 03-27-2007, 05:23 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MexGT

Nice man !! Another SCed pony

And 60 lb injectors? woot [:-]
Yep, we figure for the future ya never know so why not go with the biggies now.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:34 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Would you mind if I ask how much its gonna set you back? PM me if you like. Ive been drooling over SCed stangs since I got mine.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:53 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FrostByte

Would you mind if I ask how much its gonna set you back? PM me if you like. Ive been drooling over SCed stangs since I got mine.
Email Bob Kurgan atbob@kurganmotorsports.comand he'll price you up, since he got me a good deal I don't want to say it here or in PM for now. Bob will send you a quote taylored to your car.

Lets just say it's A LOT cheaper than going Saleen's route.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:12 PM
modular81
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

I have been drooling over the idea for so long I've finally done it, bye bye Ford warranty, including the one I paid to extend the factory one! Oh well, so much for original intentions.

The time has come to install a Vortech S-Trim SuperCharger. Kurgan Motorsports (http://www.kurganmotorsports.com/) is heading up the project with the following parts.

MAF for Vortech Kit

The installation is set to happen after the SC shows up hopefully on April 7th to be completed by 10th. I'll post more after I get the car back and have driven it.
Hey you can cancel the extended warranty and get reimbursed a pro rated amount back. Just call the warranty company up and tell them you would like to cancel and they'll want you to go to a dealer and have the current mileage verified. If you are still under the factory waranty mileage then you will get most of the money back you paid for the extended warranty.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:32 PM
pachary
1st Gear Member

Does it come with intercooler? I would consider that a neccessity not an option! Especially if you are gonna make use of those 60#'ers. Disregard if the list includes it.

Paul
Old 03-27-2007, 07:00 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modular81

Hey you can cancel the extended warranty and get reimbursed a pro rated amount back. Just call the warranty company up and tell them you would like to cancel and they'll want you to go to a dealer and have the current mileage verified. If you are still under the factory waranty mileage then you will get most of the money back you paid for the extended warranty.
Yeah, definitely do that. I got a good bit of cash back from the extended warranty on my '05. It paid for my C&L on my '06.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:25 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modular81

ORIGINAL: viking396

MAF for Vortech Kit

It's the Ford extended warranty, do they return the money as well? I spoke to my dealer and they sure didn't say anything when I asked. I have 6500 miles on the car since buying it Nov of '05.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:28 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pachary

Does it come with intercooler? I would consider that a neccessity not an option! Especially if you are gonna make use of those 60#'ers. Disregard if the list includes it.

Paul
No after-cooler in this install, that might come next year, the 60 lb injectors are there because that I could afford to do now, the after-cooler was just too much and would put me into the range where the engine is iffy. I feel 410 to 420rwhp is in the safe range so if I go after-cooler it will be when I build the internals to handle it. I might go methenol injection first prior to any rebuild.

Quick Reply: Ok folks, it's SUPERCHARGER TIME! WHOOHOO!!!