Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen: Engine failsafe: stumped??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:07 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen: Engine failsafe: stumped??

now they say my car with a custom tune my car is running at 100% load with only partial throttle....what can cause this....I am really getting frustrated...anyone know??
Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

ok, this was mentioned in another thread.....

apparently you can change where WOT occurs
during your gas pedal movement. this is customizable
in the tuning parameters

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

now they say my car with a custom tune my car is running at 100% load with only partial throttle....what can cause this....I am really getting frustrated...anyone know??
Old 03-28-2007, 06:54 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Im glad i didnt got with a saleen!!![&o]That sux man!!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:16 PM
modular81
2nd Gear Member

Now that you know the original failsafe problem wasn't the jdm tune,I would put jdm's tune back in because they really know there stuff when it comes to the saleen blower. Many people have sucessfully run there tunes for the saleen without any problems. Maybe jdm's tune all ready has the 100% throttle issue you're having nowadjusted properlyin there tune.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:20 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modular81

Now that you know the original failsafe problem wasn't the jdm tune,I would put jdm's tune back in because they really know there stuff when it comes to the saleen blower. Many people have sucessfully run there tunes for the saleen without any problems. Maybe jdm's tune all ready has the 100% throttle issue you're having nowadjusted properlyin there tune.
I agree: I told the installer to put JDM's tune back in....at least I know whose tune is in there..it still goes into fail safe mode without codes....I posted in the saleen section here on the forum...I truly am stumped...I wish a TRUE SALEEN installer was in the area that knew THESE S197's inside and out so I can just cut my losses and have my car towed there to have them reinstall or whatever to get it right...any suggestions....please
Old 03-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Did ya at least try taking the hood off and taking it for a spin??? It still only happens when the hood is down right?

Ya gotta start eliminating possible problems 1 by 1.... there could be many reasons.. possible bad part.... missed connection, loose wire... burnt something up....

BTW, sorry your still struggeling with this! []
Old 03-28-2007, 08:45 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

THat really does suck man. So far so good with my saleen and JDM tune I will be getting it in for a cutom tune soon though.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:21 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Perdi

Did ya at least try taking the hood off and taking it for a spin??? It still only happens when the hood is down right?

Ya gotta start eliminating possible problems 1 by 1.... there could be many reasons.. possible bad part.... missed connection, loose wire... burnt something up....

BTW, sorry your still struggeling with this! []
you know what, I truly dont know..it is so hard to get a straight answer from the installer and the dyno tuner (i personally fel is useless) thus the reason the installer picked my car up. Bottom line I dont know if there is enough of a sense of urgency to get my car right. I have made several suggestions in the past 48 hours and I dont think the installer has done one yet...as far as it being the maf...it might still be...However i would think if it was a BAD MAF...then it should do this while in park as well?? not just while driving..I mean i can rev the crap out of it in park and boost it up without any problems...soon as it starts to drive...failsafe mode....
Old 03-28-2007, 10:42 PM
longhaul

I had a simular problem with just the addition of a larger throttle body. Turns out Ford has an upgraded TPS (throttle position sensor) as the older one seems to go funky and cause failsafe. It's a shot in the dark, but hey, worth a try (the upgraded one was $70 at a dealer).
If you think any sensor plugs might be hitting the hood, smear a little lipstick on the high spot and close the hood. If's it's hitting, there'll be transference of the lipstick.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:37 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Not a bad maf. I sprayed my contacts with contact cleaner and put dielectric grease on the pins. You can spray contact cleaner on the maf sensor element itself too. I also checked my wiring to the MAF

I had the same thing. Would be fine until I took off and drove it.