Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Homemade SLP

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Homemade SLP

ORIGINAL: Menace

I haven't ordered them yet, I was actually quite disappointed. The site said $99.95, then jumped up to $149.95. The car doesn't sound that bad at all with the Magnaflow resonators + SLP Loudmouths. The only down side is this metallic rattle I get almost every time I accelerator. I think it's the heat shield, but I can't put my thumb on it.

Anyway, I bought a Steeda Tri-ax and GT 500 pedals instead.
Did you use RPM Outlet? Are you sure it's not the resonators, maybe something loose internally.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Homemade SLP

The sound was there before I put the resonators on. (When it was just the O/R H + SLP Loudmouths) but with the exhaust being so loud you could barely hear it, but I have heard it a few times before the resonators. So that cancels out something being loose in the resonators + cats.

I think Crazy Al told me that it could be one of the bolts to the transmission case or something that were missing, so that thin metal between the transmission/engine is vibrating/rattling. Sounds like it could very well be something like that, but I'm not leaving my car at the dealership for a couple of days so they can look at it when they feel like it.

To answer your question, I didn't order from RPM Outlet. From what I understand of RPM Outlet, is that they have great prices, and quesitonable service. Meaning, if you get a product from them that is trouble-free, awesome... but if you have a problem don't expect to have the issue solved.