Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharged: Words cant describe.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharged: Words cant describe.....

Ohh yea... are you runnin a canned tune or is it all dyno tuned now..... which leads me to another question...if the feller that was doing the dyno didn't do the dyno correctly how did he manage to tune it???? you may wanna look into that just in case he effed the tune up...wouldn't wanna see ya blow somethin up.... not after that nightmare....
Old 03-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Ahh at least your wife is cool with it so far...as for me I'm recently single...so I have noone to answer to but me and my bank account... I hear ya though, I think and hope that I am done for quite some time....I let myself get a bit out of hand...when i started looking for a car I was gunna spend 25...then that became 30, which became 33...then I told myself 10 on the SC + install and the stereo....that quickly became over 20 now with the wheels,stereo,SC & other mods and odds and ends...probably more like 25...so my original 25 for a new car has become over 50... SNOWBALL EFFECT!!!

But, I'm going on 35, have 2 wonderful kids, I'm young enough to enjoy it but not too young to "enjoy it too much"...and I always say, "I only get to live one time"... so enjoy it while ya can...I don't wanna grow old regretting something that i could have done and didn't.... So hell yeah TJ..live it up and enjoy these precious moments!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Perdi

Ohh yea... are you runnin a canned tune or is it all dyno tuned now..... which leads me to another question...if the feller that was doing the dyno didn't do the dyno correctly how did he manage to tune it???? you may wanna look into that just in case he effed the tune up...wouldn't wanna see ya blow somethin up.... not after that nightmare....
no the guy that was dyno tuning could not get anymore out of it than what JDM already had set...so thats good for JDM owners and bad for this dyno tuner as he did not even charge me anyway...so thats good. (well except to run JDMS tune and get me a print out (albeit he dynoed it wrong ) no so its running JDMS street tune in it...I am waiting for JIM at JDM to send me 2 new tunes so I can upload them (the 2 tunes I ahve now are no good with exception to the one that my installer flashed into it ...so they need to send me 2 new tunes (The one that I have on my xcal now so I can have on my puter) and a new street race tune which is even a little more spicier....so yeah its JDM tune for my mods etc....and its SWEET....the AF is 11.5 so its still a little rich...but safe...
Old 03-31-2007, 09:58 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Ahh at least your wife is cool with it so far...as for me I'm recently single...so I have noone to answer to but me and my bank account... I hear ya though, I think and hope that I am done for quite some time....I let myself get a bit out of hand...when i started looking for a car I was gunna spend 25...then that became 30, which became 33...then I told myself 10 on the SC + install and the stereo....that quickly became over 20 now with the wheels,stereo,SC & other mods and odds and ends...probably more like 25...so my original 25 for a new car has become over 50... SNOWBALL EFFECT!!!

But, I'm going on 35, have 2 wonderful kids, I'm young enough to enjoy it but not too young to "enjoy it too much"...and I always say, "I only get to live one time"... so enjoy it while ya can...I don't wanna grow old regretting something that i could have done and didn't.... So hell yeah TJ..live it up and enjoy these precious moments!
10-4 perdi.....I am 39 with 2 wonderful kids...teenage daughter and young son....but I tell ya...this is my premature mid life crisis..and as i told my wife...this is safer than having a secret girlfriend (not that I would ever want to) and a helluva lot cheaper....LOL have always had the family truckster vehicle for years....and now the wife does and I have the toy....which is cool as heck...I hear ya on the adding up...but I tell ya....after all is said and done...I have a car that will out perform a stock Roush stage III or 427 R (both SC) for $49,000 in this area....a stock Saleen SC281 $53,000 and hold its own against a stock shelby gt500 $69,000 ...so I am happy as heck and enjoying every minute of my now $32000 investment..
Old 03-31-2007, 10:11 PM
03Cobra05GT
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the sweet world of supercharger bliss.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:04 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

10-4 perdi.....I am 39 with 2 wonderful kids...teenage daughter and young son....but I tell ya...this is my premature mid life crisis..and as i told my wife...this is safer than having a secret girlfriend (not that I would ever want to) and a helluva lot cheaper....LOL have always had the family truckster vehicle for years....and now the wife does and I have the toy....which is cool as heck...I hear ya on the adding up...but I tell ya....after all is said and done...I have a car that will out perform a stock Roush stage III or 427 R (both SC) for $49,000 in this area....a stock Saleen SC281 $53,000 and hold its own against a stock shelby gt500 $69,000 ...so I am happy as heck and enjoying every minute of my now $32000 investment..

congrats on everything, glad to here the problem was solved. But one thing its never an investment! LOL. As long as you remember that you will be ok! be safe!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:33 PM
2006GTSC
3rd Gear Member

Thats mine...glad to hear your happy with yours..I'm pushing out 10lbs of boost and its pushin 460RWHP..once I do the fuel system..she'll easily have 480RWHP
Old 04-01-2007, 12:19 AM
rmcomer

Congrats on the SC. Enjoy it and be safe!
Old 04-01-2007, 03:05 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

Seriously, I cant imagine you guys out there that are pushing 7lbs of boost plus with your other superchargers and turbos. This thing really scares the sheeyat right out of me.

You should have went with the 12lb pulley... trust me
Old 04-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

I'm glad you are enjoying the Saleen... it's a nice piece, thats for sure.

I'm currently in a dilema myself. I have recieved orders to Germany, I will be leaving sometime in June and I can't decide if I will take the 'Stang or not. The real problem is if I have any problems, it is a ver LONG drive to Memphis to get her looked at... But the idea of making a run on the Autobahn or even driving the Loop... very tempting.

Quick Reply: Supercharged: Words cant describe.....