Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharged: Words cant describe.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:33 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default Supercharged: Words cant describe.....

Seriously, I cant imagine you guys out there that are pushing 7lbs of boost plus with your other superchargers and turbos. This thing really scares the sheeyat right out of me. I am not exaggerating here (Not in a bad fearful way, more of a RESPECT way) I mean last night I picked up my car after 2 weeks of waiting and issues etc. The Saleen was there....quiet and nestled under the hood like nothing. You start her up and there is this euphoric rush. Anyone who states that a Saleen makes no noise is dead wrong. I mean< No she does not howl...but you can hear her...she is there and people at red lights kind of look at ya like whats that slight noise....but the throttle response is even better than just a CAI and tune with headers by far and I thought no way could it be better that what it was...the shifts...nice....firm...there (yes an auto) so last night...it was dark and late when I drove her home...I was a little timid with her....showing her respect not to mention the a-holes were in full bloom last night with the moon here (specially the a-holes on the crotch rocket bikes who were splitting cars going down the white lines (in fact I almost creamed 1 guy only 1 mile from picking up my baby , freaking a-hole) anyhow...I let her get up to 4lbs boost max...and she was fast....40-100 was like nothing...it wasnt this G_force crack your neck I thought it might have been but an EXTREMELY smooth and FAST acceleration....so i parked her last night as it was late and she was very dirty...I get up. grab my 2 kids and ask them if they want to help dad wash the car...well after I take a car washing that normally takes me 1 hour...my kids help stretch it out to 2 (I love em, but you have to clean everything twice when they do it with ya..LOL) so I get in the car and start driving down the road...and the traffic is very sparse...so I say...what the heck...lets see what she has...at a roll of 40mph (no exageration here at all, I promise ya) I floorboard her and HOLY FREAKING SHEEYAT.(6.5 lbs of boost)...she down shifts and smokes the freaking tires like yesterdays leaves in a forrest fire...fast and furious...she goes from 40-110 like I have never expereienced....I let off on her quickly (I hear a cop siren in the distance) luckily it wasnt chasing me) and I can tell you....wow....I tried 1 more time after that from a dead stand still and I assure you I will rip my tires off in a week...if I did that every day...I found out my DYNO was wrong and just to keep it apples to apples I am going to go to the dyno shop that I dynoed my car on last December so I can compare where i was to where I am.. the new dyno guy....did not lock me out in 4th to test...he did nt even get on her until a little over 4k and it never showed a down shift so he did not dyno her right....the place I am going to knows how to DYNO our s197's so I will bring her then... based on what I had before to now and what she dynoed at in 3rd wrongly...(plus what my assometer tells me) she is definitely pushing 420 rwhp....and shiploads of torque.....all i can say is WOW>...this is freaking incredible...I will post pics of the set up and dyno sheets next week....
SUPERCHARGED>.....[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-31-2007, 08:50 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharged: Words cant describe.....

wow I am jealous. Be careful

yeah right!![&:]
Old 03-31-2007, 08:56 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

really glad everything worked out in the end. your
positive analysis of the newfound powah, makes it hard
for the rest of us to resist the temptation to get one

Old 03-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I'm in tears. That's a great american story that everyone should have. You earned it, so now kick some ****ing ***!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Dude, right on brotha!!! Glad to hear that... This waiting is killing me, and reading that is making it worse...Sounds like it all ended well and I'm happy for ya.... Hopefully only a few more days for me to get her back, but then i have to deal with breaking in a clutch for 500 'city' miles....

so you have LT's / X too... I think we will have very similar setups engine wise....I dunno if ya have hi flo cats or not, and I don't know how much of a difference that makes... plus I'm manual...but overall very similar setups....go easy on her till ya learn how she goes....easy to get yourself into trouble quick when your not used to that kinda power..... things can come up real quick....
Old 03-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

I'm in tears. That's a great american story that everyone should have. You earned it, so now kick some ****ing ***!
well said...i've read the story like 5 times lol
Old 03-31-2007, 09:22 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Perdi

Dude, right on brotha!!! Glad to hear that... This waiting is killing me, and reading that is making it worse...Sounds like it all ended well and I'm happy for ya.... Hopefully only a few more days for me to get her back, but then i have to deal with breaking in a clutch for 500 'city' miles....

so you have LT's / X too... I think we will have very similar setups engine wise....I dunno if ya have hi flo cats or not, and I don't know how much of a difference that makes... plus I'm manual...but overall very similar setups....go easy on her till ya learn how she goes....easy to get yourself into trouble quick when your not used to that kinda power..... things can come up real quick....
yeah I do have high flow catted x pipe,,,,I hear the kooks set up cats are so efficient that not catted is only worth 3-6 more hp....yeah...I will be easy...as you are right...things in the front of you are much closer than they appear when you have this power....LOL...your standard tranny has less of a parasitic loss as compared to my auto...so Your numbers would probably be better...in my opinion once you breach that 375RWHP mark for a daily driver...anything more is just added gravy....unless you plan to race...
Old 03-31-2007, 09:24 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

thanks....I actually shed one this morning when I drove her....actually it may have been a smile tear...but a tear none the less
Old 03-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, but honestly I'm really not that concerned witht he HP numbers game....as long as it's enough to be silly (and scare the crap outta me for the first month) I'm cool.... I just know that stock it was pretty fast, but not asswhippin scary fast.... Hopefully it will be enough, if it's not then we will be rebuilding the botton end...but I'm not racing it...probably ever...so for the street I'd say any more is overkill...

Also, pick your places...and look out for the police....
Old 03-31-2007, 09:44 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Perdi

Yeah, but honestly I'm really not that concerned witht he HP numbers game....as long as it's enough to be silly (and scare the crap outta me for the first month) I'm cool.... I just know that stock it was pretty fast, but not asswhippin scary fast.... Hopefully it will be enough, if it's not then we will be rebuilding the botton end...but I'm not racing it...probably ever...so for the street I'd say any more is overkill...

Also, pick your places...and look out for the police....
yeah...I have been scoping out the scene for a while...the FHP and Local sheriffs are really cracking down on street racers here (as they should..too many people are getting killed and I am not talking the racers, I am talking innocent bystanders) but yeah its all good....to me when It was stock I remember telling my wife...shes perfect as is...then came CAI and tunes and wheels and now a supercharger....well I have been married for 17 years and I can truly say that if i want to make it to 18....I am done ....truly...when is modding enough....for me its now....so its fun though...to know you have that beast to unleash...its like having a truly bad *** dog or knowing how to truly kick the crap out of someone...you dont need to do it...but you can walk (or in this case drive) around knowing you can...its definitely a swagar...that is PRICELESS>...
TJ

Quick Reply: Supercharged: Words cant describe.....