Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mazda RX8-> ELIMINATED

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 04:41 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mazda RX8-> ELIMINATED

The RX-8 is a really nice car overall, but suffers from a severe lack of power.[:'(]
Old 04-02-2007, 05:20 AM
titanjcGT

RX-8's are WEAK. Good kill!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:19 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Beating a car like an RX-8, we call that clubbing a baby seal around here.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

lol
you have to start somewhere, i'm still at novice level
so i prefer these types for now, maybe in a few months
after a couple of mods, i'll take it up against an M3 or Lancer Evo 4.

me and rx8 dude, are gonna go at it again sometime in the near future
he wants sometime to do some "slight modifications"...dont know what kind exactly.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Glad i saved you the trouble hehe...
but if he's that cocky about his little rx8, you should take him on anyway
If he's stock, it's a sure win...unless u misshift lol...

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Guess what ....Mazda is partnered with Ford....how do I know?My bro works for Ford and gets the A- plan when he purchased his from the mazda dealer. My bro insisted that he could kick my *** from a 30 roll and you just proved him wrong!!!! LOL ....I love it. I am printing this page as we speak and going to shove it in my twins face and say "see I am glad I didn't waste the gas and race you last summer" (my car was new and not broken in yet...shame on you Mellowdien). Anyway thanks for the story and the victory in the mustang name. I never doubted that the car couldn't match up to the new stangs but at 240 HP from a high reving motor that weighs 85 lbs ( the car itself is lighter than ours) it made me wonder for a second even though I would never tell him that. Take care , J
Old 04-02-2007, 04:34 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

Rx-8's are crap that is untill the drop in the 13B rotary engine in the bay. They are a few running that monster here.

Andrew

The RX8 comes with a 13B.....I think you're talking about a 20B swap.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:39 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mellowdien

I sold my 2005 RX8 Shinka to buy my 2006 Mustang GT. I can tell you from first-hand experience that the stang will take the RX8 in any test of straight-line racing. However, throw a couple of sharp curves into the mix and the Stang will be killed. The RX8's brakes are probably the best I've ever experienced in any car, and the overall balance of the vehicle was about as close to perfect as you can get. If that car had a reliable 300hp I would have kept it forever.

So,don't be afraid of the RX8 on grid-like streets in your town, unless it's got FI and you're stock. Don't play with these cars in the hills when lot's of curves are thrown at you......you will get embarrassed.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:15 AM
caneboy
2nd Gear Member

The Mustang is built at an old Mazda plant in Flat Rock, Mi. They also build a Mazda car there.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:24 AM
Reco

As previously mentioned, the feather in the RX-8 cap is its handling (and the interior if its a real nut-hugger :P). I will have to ask him again (I forget the exact #'s)...but a guy I work with had his RX-8 dyno'd, and the HP loss to the wheel (vs flywheel rated ) was significant. So much so that I giggled in my mind that hethinks hecould compare the RX-8vs a GT. He may love his interior, but he would get "owned" bya 8-10k less car,from a dig, straight or slalom, i.e. a Cobolt SS/SC.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Thanx for the info

Will keep it in mind, especially if he gets any ideas to change the course.
Before getting my 07GT i was also considering a: Mazda RX8, a pre-owned BMW M3 and a Dodge Charger.
All of these vehicles have their strong points,..the Dodge has a lot of power, the RX8 is very agile and the M3...we'll has about everything. My gut told me the GT was the way to go and i've not regretted it ever.
Test drove an 06 RX8 shinka,..it was smooth,.. liked the FOB key and gadgets but too little power.
Is the RX8 still in production?..because when i was "carshopping" they told me they hadnt gotten any 07's anywhere yet..

ORIGINAL: bascho

ORIGINAL: Mellowdien

I sold my 2005 RX8 Shinka to buy my 2006 Mustang GT. I can tell you from first-hand experience that the stang will take the RX8 in any test of straight-line racing. However, throw a couple of sharp curves into the mix and the Stang will be killed. The RX8's brakes are probably the best I've ever experienced in any car, and the overall balance of the vehicle was about as close to perfect as you can get. If that car had a reliable 300hp I would have kept it forever.

So,don't be afraid of the RX8 on grid-like streets in your town, unless it's got FI and you're stock. Don't play with these cars in the hills when lot's of curves are thrown at you......you will get embarrassed.