Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen supercharged GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 04:08 AM
gibsonjb

Default Saleen supercharged GT/CS

Man I'm stoked. I just bought a 2007 vista blue california special. the dealer is installing a Ford racing suspension and the 465 HP saleen supercharger. The work is getting done next week. One question though. The car is an auto, (want my wife to enjoy the car too since she can't drive a manual) and I asked the dealer if they could throw in 4.10 gears. they said no as they would not honor the warranty with a gear swap. My question is how will the stock 3:31's do with the supercharger, will it matter with that much power? Also, my old mustang had a full Bassani aftermarket exhaust and sounded SICK with stage 3 cams. I test drove the GT/CS and it sounded and drove absolutely anemic compared to my cammed 05. I've never owned a supercharged car, so will I even care about the sound with 465 HP under the hood? Will the supercharger and Saleen PCM reflash make the car sound better? I look forward to the results of the s/c but I want the car to have that badass sound too. Just afraid that if I go much further than mufflers and gt into the mid-pipe that the dealers would void my warranty.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:50 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen supercharged GT/CS

ORIGINAL: gibsonjb

Man I'm stoked. I just bought a 2007 vista blue california special. the dealer is installing a Ford racing suspension and the 465 HP saleen supercharger. The work is getting done next week. One question though. The car is an auto, (want my wife to enjoy the car too since she can't drive a manual) and I asked the dealer if they could throw in 4.10 gears. they said no as they would not honor the warranty with a gear swap. My question is how will the stock 3:31's do with the supercharger, will it matter with that much power? Also, my old mustang had a full Bassani aftermarket exhaust and sounded SICK with stage 3 cams. I test drove the GT/CS and it sounded and drove absolutely anemic compared to my cammed 05. I've never owned a supercharged car, so will I even care about the sound with 465 HP under the hood? Will the supercharger and Saleen PCM reflash make the car sound better? I look forward to the results of the s/c but I want the car to have that badass sound too. Just afraid that if I go much further than mufflers and gt into the mid-pipe that the dealers would void my warranty.
first: congrats on your new stang and on the Saleen....awesome
as far as bad *** sound....you will need to create that with your exhaust..personally....I LOVE my kooks LT Catted x pipe and borla stingers....as far as them voiding your warranty: that is illegal...they can not do that...if you changed your entire exhaust they can only void the exhaust as it is not theirs....warranties being honored is a hot topic here...I will tell you with my mods I will still go to a ford dealer if an issue arrives as I only have 13,000 miles...they can not void anything. They can only not honor the repairs of something IF THEY CAN PROVE IT IS DUE TO A MODI Made: as far as the new found HP....yeah 465 is nice....just make sure you ask your dealer if they can give you an ACCURATE A/F Ratio after the tune as I have heard that the Saleen PCM reflash hasran a little lean. Obviously if you change out anything else (add headers, CAI etc) you will need a tune as well. ) good luck, welcome, congrats and have fun....
Old 04-03-2007, 02:29 AM
gibsonjb

How much are you making at the wheels on your auto stang? Do you have the stock 3:31's and how are they with the saleen SC? How do the shifts feel with the saleen reflash tune and the supercharger? I',m just curious since I have the automatic but it is still in the process of being installed so I won't have it back for a week. I had a cammed 06 GT with an auto and a 3000 stall TCI torque converter with 3:73s and loved the way it felt to drive that car. I hope with the upgraded Saleen kit that I won't need to worry about torque converters and messing with the differential. I'm welcome to any advice you have since I've never went supercharged before.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:13 AM
bonedaddyjr06
1st Gear Member

i wouldnt recommend 4.10's with the auto...for the most part the autos only put 3.73s in unless its a strip car only...i wish i had enough for a blower right now
Old 04-03-2007, 03:31 AM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

i am running 4.10s with an auto....its a hoot...but no SC
Old 04-03-2007, 12:05 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

You may be needing an upgraded torque converter. I would also recommend a deep tranny pan to help keep temps down. That horsepower may be too much for the stock TC and trans after a while.
I have a KB supercharged automatic and my tranny did not last long....... I know of seven people now that have had their auto trannies or TCgo out under forced induction.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:13 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gibsonjb

How much are you making at the wheels on your auto stang? Do you have the stock 3:31's and how are they with the saleen SC? How do the shifts feel with the saleen reflash tune and the supercharger? I',m just curious since I have the automatic but it is still in the process of being installed so I won't have it back for a week. I had a cammed 06 GT with an auto and a 3000 stall TCI torque converter with 3:73s and loved the way it felt to drive that car. I hope with the upgraded Saleen kit that I won't need to worry about torque converters and messing with the differential. I'm welcome to any advice you have since I've never went supercharged before.
415 rwhp: I do have the stock gears and they are just fine...scream when I need her to...well yes this is my first supercharged vehicle as well...so I am still learning myself. personally , get a different tune from the Saleen PCM flash...I hear it runs lean....add bigger injectors (Specially if you will ever change pulleys down the road) I believe you will get a new MAF with the upgrade kit you bought...I truly dont know for sure...new plugs are a good thing (cold plugs) I also have headers and x pipe with mine so it frees up allot for breathing for the SC. overall...have fun with her and be safe...I dont think you will be disappointed at all...CONGRATS
Old 04-03-2007, 02:19 PM
KIMMER
1st Gear Member

Whats the max boost the saleen will put out? I noticed whipple and KB state up to 25 but only see 5 for saleen on their site.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:08 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I have heard saleens being pushed to 13...mine will stay at its 6.5....no more for me...I am happey where its at...