Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Next Mod Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

Default Next Mod Suggestions

Outside of whats in my sig, I've got CMCV plates sitting in the garage and a BMR rear sway bar waitig to be installed.

I've also done the billett thing in the interior - cup holde bezel, AC *****, e brake handle, power point plug...also got a shorty antenna.

Outside of LT's, Cams or a doing a SC what should I do next? Preferrablyy go fast mods....

I don't want to lower the car because my drive way is steep and will scrape exhaust / facia if I lower it....

Old 04-19-2007, 05:42 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Next Mod Suggestions

Change the driveshaft to an aluminum one. Drops 20 lbs off the car.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:32 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

Not sure why you don't want LT's, but you could finish up the suspension...I see you still have no UCA, could get the LCA reloc brackets and maybe just get some Roush rear springs (if anything that will bring the nose up a tad and improve stance) and put on some Tokico D-specs....that should take care of you for suspension and handling (for the most part)....the DS is also a good idea, and while you are at it you always go with a aluminum flywheel and new clutch....you didn't mention no spray!!!!...raptor shift light....electric wate pump....A/C delete....i'm starting to run thin here.....some fat tires....yeah i don't got much else for you.....oh yeah.....a search button...those help too
Old 04-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

I want LT's they justseem like ahigh costrelative to thepayoff. Looking at $50 p/ hp or p / ft lb or torque. That's assuming I gain 20hp / 20 ft lbs and they cost $1K....
Old 04-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Sumguy30
2nd Gear Member

Well I'm a new Mustang owner....my first one ever and I dont know too much about cars...never worked on one. I read your description of your mods and I dont understand any of it except the part about the window tint. Other than that, I might as well be reading Spanish. The Shaker hood you see on my car was already on there when I bought it.....yea it's a used car. I have no idea what it does. What I do know is that stripe down the middle of my hood is not paint and it makes the car look cheap....wish I could change that.

I'd like to know what all these "mods" cost and what they do for my car...weather its cosmetic or improves how the car runs.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:06 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

What about tires? Not very sexy, but it should make a big difference in the way the vehicle performs.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:56 AM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chevy Convert

I want LT's they justseem like ahigh costrelative to thepayoff. Looking at $50 p/ hp or p / ft lb or torque. That's assuming I gain 20hp / 20 ft lbs and they cost $1K....
Here's the problem with your logic....you got an intake and tuner right???? For let's say $600 and you got let's say 30 hp....so you spent $20/hp right??? Well in reality you got 20 from the tune and 10 from the intake...so given that..and lets assume $300 for each the tuner and intake...so then you got a deal with the tuner at $15/hp and $30/hp for the intake....Okay so then you spent $200 on a pulley and got 10...so $20/hp right...well how about them 4.10s....$500 for 0hp...got pwned there....CMCV let's assume you got a cheap on for $100 and 10hp...$10/hp (a steal)....so now you are tapped out....you got that air in there...now you have to get it out...yeah $50/hp is a lot compared to the others...and all your suspension was $0/hp....but it improves performance...so in the end you should look at it more of it's another 20hp...how much money would you have to spend to make it "feel" like another 20hp?????
Old 04-20-2007, 10:31 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Torque Converter?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:28 AM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

I am trying to get this question answered in another thread but no luck. Can the CMCV plates be tuned through a hand held SCT tuner?

I would go for the exhaust. The longtube headers and the mid pipe (x pipe or h pipe) will make such a difference in performance and sound. It will also add a lotta hp. I also agree with MexGTand owero01. A new torque converter would help the launch and prevent the tranny from just dying when you do supercharger the car.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:22 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tonkpils555666sas
I am trying to get this question answered in another thread but no luck. Can the CMCV plates be tuned through a hand held SCT tuner?
Please do not hijack threads (it is just not nice and makes it really difficult to find in formation when you do what I am going to mention below).

The "search" button will set you free....

Quick Reply: Next Mod Suggestions