Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

getting cold feet

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 02:59 AM
Backlash59

Default getting cold feet

Hey, so I've been waiting to get my car for a few weeks now, and decision day is finally coming up. I have gone through a series of cars I thought about getting but I ended up set on the stang. But now im starting to question that choice. I keep thinking about the gto, because even though they look like a ricer that engine is so nice. Im alomost positive I'll be getting the stang I just need some positive reinforcemnt. You know why stangs are awesome and why goats just arent as cool. Thanks
Old 04-29-2007, 03:06 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: getting cold feet

get the gto, because when the stang starts leaking,
creaking and moaning you won't be very happy.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:24 AM
PBR_Streetgang
1st Gear Member

What madeyou initially decide on the Mustang vice the GTO?
Old 04-29-2007, 03:29 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

yeah go drive ur fagtastic cavalier, u big *****. real men drive mustangs, they have a real herritage, everyone knows what a mustang is, they sound like beasts, look like AWESOME, and drive like sex.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:59 AM
06blownpony
1st Gear Member

Hey backlash59 i was always Chevy (same engines T/A's, Camaros, Vettes, GTO) where i grew up it was all about Chevy, ford was always laugh at. Why did i purchase a Ford Mustang? I wanted to be different, as the underdog i wanted to return home and show my cousins and best friends that ford can run (we all know they can). After a few bolt-ons i wasbeatinga couple of LS and LTs. I love when i pull next to a T/A, SS, Z28, Vette, GTO and them think, "oh it's just another stang" when i stomp on my pedal and i look at my rear view mirror and see their facking face go "oh shat"! Don't under-estimatea pony. Think 'bout it....
Old 04-29-2007, 05:00 AM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

Not gonna bash the GTO, they are fast, but they are also nothing to be proud of in the style section of the library. Get the Mustang now while you can. Ford and GM are in bad shape, in ten years, the only cars that you can buy will be Toyotas and Nissans.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:22 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

How do GTOs "look like a ricer"? They look like boring G6s, just stuffed with a good engine.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:13 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheDarkPath

How do GTOs "look like a ricer"? They look like boring G6s, just stuffed with a good engine.
Heh... google up the Pontiac G8 if you think thats true.

The GTO is a damn fine car and not to be knocked. The LSx engines are some serious workhorses, and can make stupid levels of power, very easy. For me, this is my first Mustang, and only the second Ford I've ever owned. Always been a diehard GM man and the New GM's coming out are really getting to be in a good place. There are really two reasons I am getting a Mustang.
The first... When you ask someone how fast their car is, 90% of the time, the response is something to the effect of "Almost as fast as a Mustang" or "I can beat a Mustang by half a car"... These cars have become the benchmark by which most other muscles cars are judged against.
The second... technology. The new 4.6 is really a marvel of enginnering. Ford wisely has left behind the old Pushrod style engines (and I am not knocking them, lord knows they have been king of the hill for so long, and they are a great design) and embraced the OHC style of engine. The amount of tuning you can do on an OHC style engine vs a pushrod style engine is amazing. You can get everything dialed in that much closer.
The thing that really sealed the deal for me, was in the drive. I've driven countless customers GTO's in various levels of modding, from stock to twin turboed with a 200 shot of nitrous. I was always impressed with the car, but it always felt raw and undefined. I just attributed that to the "Muscle Car factor". I test drove a GT and instantly, I knew why the GTO was failing. The GTO may have had a power and a displacement advantage, but it is portly compared to the stang. Also, the Stang is a much more refined drive. It's very easy to drive, whereas the GTO is a drivers car and does what it wants, leaving you to react to it. The stang lets you know what its gonna do, well before it does it. All of this basically translates to a car that you can just sit back and cruise in, and not have to "drive" everywhere.

IMO, you made the right choice with the stang,
Old 04-29-2007, 12:22 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: EmperorOfChicken

yeah go drive ur fagtastic cavalier, u big *****. real men drive mustangs, they have a real herritage, everyone knows what a mustang is, they sound like beasts, look like AWESOME, and drive like sex.

Thats a little uncalled for.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:36 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

chill man, he said he needed some reinforcement to buy a mustang, so i was doin just that![8D] cant take a little jokin?

Quick Reply: getting cold feet