Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

for those with a centrifugal blower.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:19 AM
carmanwelder
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: for those with a centrifugal blower.....

If you like power and sound then go see some real power at the NHRA races. 7000 HP SUPERCHARGED engines. Burning 5 gals of fuel in a quarter mile!!!! SWEET
Old 05-01-2007, 12:24 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I think we discussed this already carmanwelder but you keep bringing it up. First go to your local track and see for yourself than just typing what ever your pandajspeed.net or w/e tells you. 2nd the only reason why they run s/c is because the rules only permit s/c.

Andrew
Old 05-01-2007, 12:29 AM
carmanwelder
2nd Gear Member

I don't have to keep going to the track andro. The proof is in the pudding. It's pandjspeedshop.net and your allowed to visit that site too. SUPERCHARGERS RULE!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:04 AM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Turbo > Supercharger. Turbo setup is just too expensive for me and I'm looking at the Vortech.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:40 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

get ur s/c once you start pumping up the boost and you see your boost gauge all eratic, dont worry its not your supercharger or the gauge thats wrong. Its your belt that it is slipping rofl.

Andrew
Old 05-01-2007, 10:08 PM
carmanwelder
2nd Gear Member

I'm not as stupid as you look andro. Why don't you keep your posts on the turbo side and we'll all get along just fine. BTW I've had supercharged cars before and never had a belt slip. My guy's know how to build and I know how to drive.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:36 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ROFL thats is some new news supercharger belts not slipping. Ask any of the people that were running prochargers at first and running high psi levels. They were torquing the belt so hard they were breaking the tensor. Carman yeah you are not stupid you are right after all that a KB is a roots style blower rofl just sit and educate yourself and come talk when you actually have a idea of wtf you are blabbering about.

Andrew
Old 05-02-2007, 06:38 AM
carmanwelder
2nd Gear Member

If you need information on the difference between a KB (twin screw) blower and a Roots blower try ask.com on your computer. As I said before why don't you keep your posts on the turbo side.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

I too am interested in going with a S/C. I do not race at the track. Simply a daily driver. Looking for more zip for those 0-60 runs (OK....,maybe a bit faster when the speedlimit is 70 ). I know this may not be possible, but I would also like to retain most of my fuel economy when not getting on the pedal. If I understand correctly, does a system like the Whipple allow for this with that by-pass do hickey?? How about the Saleen S/C or the Roush? I saw a Saleen S/C being installed by the SVT tech at my Fjord dealer and was impressed by it, especially the stealth look to it. Hard to tell it was an S/C by just glancing at it.

Any issues I should be aware of with any of the S/C's out there?

Oh, and how about blower whine. Which ones are loud, which ones are quieter?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 02:59 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scotty07

I too am interested in going with a S/C. I do not race at the track. Simply a daily driver. Looking for more zip for those 0-60 runs (OK....,maybe a bit faster when the speedlimit is 70 ). I know this may not be possible, but I would also like to retain most of my fuel economy when not getting on the pedal. If I understand correctly, does a system like the Whipple allow for this with that by-pass do hickey?? How about the Saleen S/C or the Roush? I saw a Saleen S/C being installed by the SVT tech at my Fjord dealer and was impressed by it, especially the stealth look to it. Hard to tell it was an S/C by just glancing at it.

Any issues I should be aware of with any of the S/C's out there?

Oh, and how about blower whine. Which ones are loud, which ones are quieter?

Thanks
Yes you'll retain your fuel economy as long asyougo easy on the pedal, however in my experience it is very hard to ignore all that extra power and you'll be tempted to use it, at least that is the reason I installed the Whipple in the first place.
The Saleen also have a bypass and while I am not familiar with every kit out there I am pretty sure all SC kits comes with it.

Quick Reply: for those with a centrifugal blower.....