Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ford racing cold air kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ford racing cold air kit?

Don't even waste your time with that Ford CAI/Ford wimp tune. Get something like Brenspeed tune or B A M A chips. F the warranty I have 43 thousand miles on mine and nothing has gone wrong with the engine yet and I drive like it like I stole it. Please do yourself the favor and **** the warranty and get a real tune. Hell Eddy who owns a Shelby Gt with that wimp tune dumped it for a Brenspeed tune.

www.brenspeed.com
Old 05-09-2007, 09:37 PM
GOATKILLER
2nd Gear Member

THE FORD RACING ONE IS FINE IF YOU LIKE IT, BUT NOW FORD EVEN IS OFFERING A BETTER WARRANTY, SO ITS A NO BRAINER MAN

JUST GET A NEW ONE FOR A TAD BIT MORE DOUGH! YOULL SLEEP BETTER AT NIGHT AND YOULL KNOW IT NEW!!!

+++++++1
Old 05-10-2007, 02:39 AM
philbreeziak

My 2 cents:

I was going to have my Ford dealer put one of these in last December and I said I really wanted the C&L instead. So rather than see me go somwhere else, they became a C&L intakedealer and put it in my car under warranty! I'm a big fan of FRPP products and I have the handling pack and full exhaust, but that half breed FRPPintake is crap. The elbow remains stockrubber, which defeats the purpose of getting more air into the manifold and the tuner is not adjustable.

Talk to the aftermarket guy at the dealer and get him to become a dealer of C&L or other respectable intake maufacturer. FRPP just needs to update the elbow and tune to be a player.

Phil
Old 05-10-2007, 11:36 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: philbreeziak

My 2 cents:

I was going to have my Ford dealer put one of these in last December and I said I really wanted the C&L instead. So rather than see me go somwhere else, they became a C&L intakedealer and put it in my car under warranty! I'm a big fan of FRPP products and I have the handling pack and full exhaust, but that half breed FRPPintake is crap. The elbow remains stockrubber, which defeats the purpose of getting more air into the manifold and the tuner is not adjustable.

Talk to the aftermarket guy at the dealer and get him to become a dealer of C&L or other respectable intake maufacturer. FRPP just needs to update the elbow and tune to be a player.

Phil
Went from running consistant 9.50's in the 1/8 (Crappy driver) to running consistant 9.10's when switching from the Ford Racing intake and tune to My C & L that came off the Auto07 i had and a New Brenspeed tune. This saturday im going to the Mustang Days at LACR and i will be able to tell you the 1/4 mile improvments as well.

Also i think there is an updated air tube that is available from Brenspeed or others.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

You don't need the dealer. I purchased the Steeda CAI from Brenspeed and installed it myself. The SCT tuner was also a cinch. Just follow the directions.

So easy a girly-girl can do it.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Margarita Girl

You don't need the dealer. I purchased the Steeda CAI from Brenspeed and installed it myself. The SCT tuner was also a cinch. Just follow the directions.

So easy a girly-girl can do it.
I was going to say something along those lines, but i'm glad SHE said it... On another note, where did you buy that EJECT button mod? I wanna do that to my vert!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:48 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

MGW has them...

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang2005_po...let_plug.shtml
Old 05-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

OT - is that eject mod functional?!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:29 PM
sst06vert
2nd Gear Member

I think it is functional
Old 05-10-2007, 05:32 PM
norvokov

Hey guys,

when you buy these tunes, do they come with the factory settings so you can change it back to the factory tune if you want?

Quick Reply: ford racing cold air kit?