Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ford racing cold air kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:41 AM
pnandy
2nd Gear Member

Default ford racing cold air kit?

Ok i need some help i've tracked down a new ford racing cold air kit with calibration and i can get it for 450 my question is i have a 07 gt and the part number says its for a 05gt will this matter much or do i need the one made specifically for the 07 gt. If so does anyone know or think that if i buy it i could take it to my ford dealer and exchange it for the correct one?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:55 AM
BlkGT07
1st Gear Member

Default RE: ford racing cold air kit?

I dont have the CAI but I have read the computer tune is specific to each car.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 05-09-2007, 03:21 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

I'm not sure if your dealer would be able to help, depends if they have a clue about these parts, some do, most don't. The kit requires you to register online and give your PCM id and a unique voucher number to Ford racing performance parts and they mail you the right calibrator for your car (varies depending on gear ration, manual/automatic, etc).

You might want to contact ford racing performance parts, maybe they can provide you with a pro-cal which matches your car for the kit since you're buying it used.

If you have to pay for the calibration on top of the 450 you might as well buy a brand new kit or a intake/tune package from one of our sponsors.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:40 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

for a 07 GT, buy a brand new FRPP kit and have the dealer install it. That way they are responsible for it. It is also covered under warranty now by Ford.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:47 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

for a 07 GT, buy a brand new FRPP kit and have the dealer install it. That way they are responsible for it. It is also covered under warranty now by Ford.

That's the best advice anyone could give you.
Don't screw around with 2nd hand parts or you'll lose your warranty!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:53 PM
pnandy
2nd Gear Member

Its not 2nd hand or used its brand new never been used he was gonna put it on his car put ended up going with a supercharger and wanted a better intake so he gonna sell it to me so i should be al right considering that the calibrator would be mailed from ford right?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:02 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You have 4 people above telling you this isnt the best way to go.....how many more will it take?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

You have 4 people above telling you this isnt the best way to go.....how many more will it take?
+ Infinity

If you wantit covered under warranty, get new ford and pay the extra $$. If warranty is not an issue, spend the extra hundred and get a better intake with 3 different tunes, vs 1 tune from ford which mandates you run 93. I am pretty sure you can get better performance from a JLT, C&L or Steeda with an 87 tune from **** or Brenspeed, than the tune from Ford.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:21 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06

ORIGINAL: howarmat

+ Infinity

If you wantit covered under warranty, get new ford and pay the extra $$. If warranty is not an issue, spend the extra hundred and get a better intake with 3 different tunes, vs 1 tune from ford which mandates you run 93. I am pretty sure you can get better performance from a JLT, C&L or Steeda with an 87 tune from **** or Brenspeed, than the tune from Ford.
I will guarantee it!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:21 PM
ezio350
2nd Gear Member

The cold air intake is the same for all years 05-07, but the computer is dif. for the 3 years as well. If you like that system, buy the STEEDA CAI (same as Ford Racing) and buy the SCT tunner...Better HP than Ford Racing.

Quick Reply: ford racing cold air kit?