Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

whos best banachip or brenspeed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 06:10 PM
p.r gt

Default whos best banachip or brenspeed?

whos the best, some one has to be the best, one of this guy got to be better then the orther performance why
Old 05-14-2007, 06:39 PM
AWESOMO 4000
1st Gear Member

Default RE: whos best banachip or brenspeed?

I've been posting similar questions. I have neither, but have been doing some research on this topic for the last couple of months on all of the related message boards. These are the common things I have noticed:

-This board and Corral.net heavily favor Brenspeed

-ModularFords and TheMustangSource favor Bamachips

-As far dyno numbers and A/F ratiosgo, they both seem to be about even

-Brenspeed seems to be popular because they have a VERY detailed and informative website, as well as awesome customer service and quick response times. I sent an e-mail about tunes, and received a satisfactory response in less than 12 hours. Was very surprised with their CS department withthe volume of questions they receive.

-Brenspeed has a wide variety of CAI kits, where as B ama features the C&L and JLT kits, though those are by far the two most popular brands

-B amachips has fantastic customer service and support and a firecly loyal following. Doug Studdard does not have the staff of Brenspeed, so it might take him a day or so to get back with you. It took me a few days to get an e-mail reply back from him, but it was VERY detailed, and he addressed all of my questions.

-B amachips automatic cars seem to have a little something more than Brenspeed automatics do. That is just from a personal observation looking at 1/4 mile times and mods. They seem to trap a little bit higher, but there are a number of factors involved with 1/4 racing, so it's hard to give a definative answer.

-The 93 octane B ama "Torq" Tune is very popular for stick cars, as is the B ama Race tune. The 93 Performance tunes for B ama and Brenspeed seem to be identical.

-Brenspeed charges for updates to tunes if you do not buy said updated parts from Brenspeed, which istotallyfair in my mind. He's running a business, not a charity.

-B ama provides updates for free to your mods, regardless of who you buy them from, which is a big time bonus.

This is what I have seen from scanning the forums, and reading about 1,000 posts between these two. They are by far the two most popular mailorder custom tuners.

To echo what pretty much everyone says here, everybody has their own favorite tuner for different reasons. You can go with either one and you'll probably not be disappointed. The best thing is, if you get one, and still wonder what they other is like, it'll only cost you $75.00 (two tanks of gas) to get the other guys tune to compare it and put your mind at ease as to whether you got the right one or not.

If anyone disagress with me, please set me straight, as I am in the same boat as this guy was a few weeks ago, desperatly wanting to know who is who and what is what.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I would flip a coin, lol
Old 05-14-2007, 07:28 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i'd go best 4 out of 7, just to be sure

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

I would flip a coin, lol
Old 05-14-2007, 07:32 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Why suddenly theres like a TON of threads comparing both ? I think it's my fault i started one like 10 days ago ...[&:]
You can use search to read all the opinions posted before p.r.gt.

But as a quick answer, i'll go Doug.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:39 PM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

I went with Doug because he drives an auto and went the extra effort on coming up with great tunes. He's such a nice guy also. I couldn't believe the difference the Torque tune made. I accidently peeled out of the parking deck right after I installed it (I was too excited to wait until I got home to do it).
Old 05-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

On the other side of the coin, I'm very happy with my Brenspeed tunes... They had a pretty good deal with the Steeda CAI, High flow inlet elbow, and SCT, so I went with them...
Old 05-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Not sure if b ama does it, but brenspeed will give you free tunes on any parts you buy from him if you purchased the SCT from him. Just ordered the O/R H and got my tunes in the mail before I recieved the pipe.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:19 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

This is great....I remember getting my tune from Doug and there were very few that had his tunes. I read about him from the other forums actually. Now it seems pretty close when someone asks who to get a tune from. What Awesomo 4000 is very acurate. In reality you will be satisfied with either.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I never found out why The B-Chips name is banned. Anyone know?

Quick Reply: whos best banachip or brenspeed?