Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I pulled the trigger!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 06:17 PM
brewcity
2nd Gear Member

Default I pulled the trigger!

I called brenspeed this morning and ordered the C&L street intake w/ x-cal 2 and a set of SLP loudmouths. I am very excited since this will be my first mod's for the stang. the slp's shipped today and i think as of tomorow i will be sitting at the window waiting for the ups guy to show up, i feel like a kid in a candy store loljust wish the cai and tuned shipped today too, dont know if i will beable to wait a week [sm=yeahsmile.gif]. sorry guys i just had to tell someone.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:26 PM
IcemanBlackGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I pulled the trigger!

haha that's awsome brewcity, i just got a brand new 05 gt and i was wondering what made you so sure about the slp's i mean how did you decide over flowmaster and borla, the only thing i've done so far is tint my windows all around and i'm moving into the exaust/intake now so anything that helped in your decision will prob help mine as well thanks .
Old 05-14-2007, 06:42 PM
brewcity
2nd Gear Member

well i bought my GT back in Aug. so ever since then i have been here on my freetime reading diffrent posts on axlbacks and CAI combos and venders, so it took me about 8 months to finaly make my decision. So basicly for the axlbacks i found out they are a sound mod not a proformance mod and i like loud so i choose the lm's so that was a pretty easy choice for me. now the intake and tuner combo was a tough one. i knew i wanted a x-cal and not a predtor (x-cal's seem to have better suport)so that part was easy the rest i kinda winged it i chose brenspeed for the simple fact that from what i read theyhaveexelent customer service.I choose the C&L because it seemed to be the best one on the market and alot of ppl seem to like it as well. come to think of it, it wasnt that hard of a decision after all lol. i guess i would just say read read read. hope that helps a little. oh also i dont like how the car shifts (auto) and i also dont like the throtle lag that was another reason
Old 05-14-2007, 06:51 PM
IcemanBlackGT
1st Gear Member

yea well that actually helped alot, i like you def like loud, and from what i hear slp does a pretty good job with that haha, bc i just got my car pretty much a week ago i'm struggling with what to do first, bc right now i'm just shocked that it's mine and i don't want to change much, but that v8 nasty rumble is a must, and whatever HP i can squeeze out of a intake is worth the money to me, can't wait for my exaust to be in the mail like yours haha