Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shop In Tennessee??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:54 AM
TNstang06
2nd Gear Member

Default Shop In Tennessee??

Hey I live in Franklin Tennessee and ive been trying to find a place that would install headers. I found a place that would do it for 600 but I want to find a place that would do it cheaper. Ive had these headers in the back of my car for a while now and I want to get them on. Also I thougth about getting underdrive pulleys, are they worth it?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shop In Tennessee??

I would think any muffler shop could do this. For more serious mods, I'd call "Delk", ormaybe "The Performance Garage" or "Hunters Custom Automotive".

Delk I know has worked with the new stangs inside and out, the other two can do things like supercharger/turbo installs and such...don't know if I'd let them open the engine.

The headers are a pain, but you could probably do the pulleys yourself with proper tools.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

I've installed headers on a couple cars (not new stangs), and I'd consider paying for the install now...unless you have a lift.

Shop around for rates...use the phone book!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:04 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

UDPs are worth a extra 5-10 hps
Old 05-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Gruntstanger

I installed Dynatech long tube header O/R x and SLP Axle backs. I did this in my garage. No issues. I would install for you if you are interested. Just name me a fair price.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:00 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I've heard Delk is pretty good, I know a few guys from here in Clarksville that have gone through Delk and like them. Headers are usually a pretty expensive mod, in the price of the headers itself and the installation. At the exhaust shop here in Clarksville where I get my stuff done, they quoted me $300 for shorties, which shorties suck, and about $600 for long tubes. If I need engine stuff done like S/C install and dyno tuning, I'm probably gonna use Delk.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:10 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I can do them for around $250. Have a shop, lift, ase master ford tech and have done a few sets for other people. We are in Nashville. PM if interested. Also have done cams, suspension mods and lots more on the S197's for people.
Paul

Delk is hit and miss. Some people love em, some don't. I have used them and was happy with them.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

Well, there you go!
PM Paul (MusicCityGT)
I don't know why I forgot you had a shop! I work too much!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:33 AM
hairydawg

Go to Gateway Tire on Cool Springs Blvd and ask to speak to Mike Hill - he does great work. Mike has installed most of the upgrades to my Mustang. Prices are reasonable and the shop is convenient.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Blackman
1st Gear Member

Musiccity GT and Paul(the mech.) good folks to deal with. I've used them a few times, great work.
I hadn't had a problem with Delk yet. Whatever you choose and feel comfortable with.

Quick Reply: Shop In Tennessee??