Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whats the next mod? plz help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 02:19 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Whats the next mod? plz help

if you have the money, I think a driveshaft is also a great idea. I want to do the driveshaft one day but it's a mod that will take a while since I need to save up some dough on a student's budget,lol.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:21 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: a.akawi

thx guys ... since im new here .. who is "Doug" ?
Doug @ B amachips
Regarding the charge motion delete plates, this is what a friend had to say about it n the problems he faced
"...have been in contact with Doug and received some assistance, to remove the motor that controls the 'butterflies', made it simpler and just disconnected the wires.

Now the engine works fine.... upto 4000rpm in 3rd gear and 5000rpm in 4th gear... then the engine shuts down and claim I have a P061 error, related to throttle-boy. The thing is that it shuts downonly after some driving and usually while overtaking in the 5th lane... and the interesting part it happens every now and then, not being consistent at all..."

I'm just wondering if this is a common problem that cars with delete plates!?
No that common...most people can put them right on with no issues at all.

just recently, while driving in traffic, sometime the rpm gauge arm goes beneath 700 to 500 n then up gain 800, which caused the car to die out on me while slowing down from 40 km/h ( which equals 25 miles) becoz it went way under 500 rpm....
n that is it ... im guessing since i am on the JLT tune 91 octane which is found on the predator ..
. if i get a better tune for all the mods i have then i may not face that problem anymore .............. or not!
This is because of the TB....pretty much all aftermarktet TBs are **** for our cars.....you are getting a shiny paperweight most of the time. Its not going to give you much if any gains at all and most of the time cause you problems. I would take it off and reinstall the CAI and also call Doug and get a tune. His tunes are wonderful.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:11 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

The problems with the Delete Plates that "many people" have is becuase of their tune...
Old 05-29-2007, 04:16 AM
a.akawi
1st Gear Member

first of all, thx guys for the help

now, regarding the aluminum driveshaft ... here is a little story that freaks me out n makes me think twice b4 i go for the driveshaft

the owner was experiencing vibrations at 70+mph speeds, had a few adjustments done and figured it's something to live with, as it's the nature of one piece drive shafts (which is the case by the way.. 1 pc DS will vibrate to a certain extent)

here's the owner's account on the story

Last night while driving around 70mph on the freeway, a strong vibration began to increase and before I could process it the d/s broke , hit the ground and went crunch. It was a crazy sound as it got destroyed. The car shook the center console, it popped it loose, and caused the top half of the plastic cover of the e-brake lever to snap off.

As I began to pull over the sound continued, smoke was coming from under the car, and when I pulled to a stop smoke continued to come from under the car. Then shortly after stopping the engine shuddered and shut off on its own.

Basically the transmission fluid was leaking out. The front half of the d/s looked like it was still attached, the center was destroyed, and the rear of the d/s was hanging down, but still attached also.

And, my passenger side seat will no long slide backwards when the lever in front is pulled up (I’m going to confirm this later today when I get back to the car)

pics:
http://www.dubaimustangclub.com/foru...ad.php?id=2857
http://www.dubaimustangclub.com/foru...ad.php?id=2856
http://www.dubaimustangclub.com/foru...ad.php?id=2855
http://www.dubaimustangclub.com/foru...ad.php?id=2854
http://www.dubaimustangclub.com/foru...ad.php?id=2853
i know it is a great mod ... but after reading this .. well, a bit scary! ......... anyone facing such a vibration?

and the delete plates, they seem to be a good 10 wrhp gain, but i guess i need to get the correct tune for it to run smoothly ....

any more power mods to suggest, please keep them coming ....

thx again guys[sm=smiley1.gif]
Old 05-29-2007, 05:25 AM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

This guy ^^^ or gal, plunged in for a new driveshaft but forgot the MOST important part, a driveshaft safety loop....a must have i believe when upgrading your driveshaft, so reconsider with a safety loop.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:20 AM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

I agree with the first reply... new Tune would really be good.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:45 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acstone7

This guy ^^^ or gal, plunged in for a new driveshaft but forgot the MOST important part, a driveshaft safety loop....a must have i believe when upgrading your driveshaft, so reconsider with a safety loop.

I agree with this, spend the extra $75 and get a front safety loop, which is required by the way to race on a NHRA approved track with 12.50 or fast 1/4 mile times. Also there are horror stories of aftermarket quaility control issues. It's always wise to research and get the better ones out ther (Spyder, Denny's or Coast). This is a true case where you get what you pay for. Don't go for off brands that can save you $100, these usually cost more in the long run.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I was looking at susepnsion on the BMR site yestreday and saw they have a carbon fiber drive shaft but it's $950. I believe that included the yoke required to install it but jeez thats expensive. DS is onmy radar but I want adjustable LCA's and an adjustable panhard rod first.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:08 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shooter23

charge motion delete plates or UDP...and a good tune...
+1

Hurst or MGW shifter
LT headers
better tune
torque limiters
Eibach Prokit
CDC Classic Chin Spoiler
SSE Center Fog Light Kit or Billet Aluminum Grill
Old 05-29-2007, 02:52 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I think if i remember that driveshaft failure was an "in house" shaft and not a professionally sold one........nobody has experienced anything like this with a bigger name shaft like those mentioned above.

Quick Reply: Whats the next mod? plz help