Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2006 GT 5 speed with $5000 to spend on power, help? *Time limited*

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:15 PM
NamelessMC

Default 2006 GT 5 speed with $5000 to spend on power, help? *Time limited*

Okay I'm not completely clueless to cars, I used to work on Hondas, (I know, bleh) but my brother in law is all Mustang all day. He bought a 2006 Mustang GT 5-speed last year and almost turned it in for a 2007 Mustang GT with a Regency "GTR" package which included a body kit, exhaust, intake, 18" rims, suspension drop, a two tone black with copper top paint job and a glass sunroof thing. I wasn't too impressed with the kit, being it was $10,000 on top of the GT's cost. His Mustang is cherry, only 16k on the clock and still in tip top condition. I told him, instead of getting a $330 a month increase on his payment and having only 330-345 to the wheels, he could spend the money he saved and just fix his up.

The problem is, neither of us knows crap about this stuff.

For the sake of him and my sister, mods that don't void the warranty would be nice, but he plans on keeping the car if the mods really grow on him.

What I've researched so far-
As far as N/A tuning, I know a C&L Cold Intake + Xcalibratur 2 for $599 is a good choice, Mac Direct Fit Shorty Headers, Bassani Modular X-Pipe and then just keep the Flowmaster axleback canisters he has on it already.

The thing is, all that stuff at the most will put him at what, 360-375 to the wheels? He really wants a super charger, but I know it'll void his warranty.

Warranty aside though, is it possible to get a super charger and all the stuff needed to use it on the road without problems for under 5 grand? I know the stock clutch won't handle it, but I wonder about intake/tuning, X-pipe or H-pipe and possible headers?

Thanks a lot guys for any tips.

This is time limited because he's very impatient and he'll just start buying stuff online without waiting for a good deal unless I can come up with something good.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2006 GT 5 speed with $5000 to spend on power, help? *Time limited*

According to a dealer I spoke to here the Roush sc is about the only way to legitimately raise hp. So there you have it put on the roush and keep the 3 yr 36k. Kinda wird if oyu ask me a $200 set of pullies can void the warranty for a lot of parts but adding thesupercharger wont. Do keep in mind this is only the Roush sc though.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:31 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

You can get the Ford supercharger for under $5,000, have a dealer install it and not void the warranty.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9646

Old 05-31-2007, 09:33 PM
NamelessMC

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

According to a dealer I spoke to here the Roush sc is about the only way to legitimately raise hp. So there you have it put on the roush and keep the 3 yr 36k. Kinda wird if oyu ask me a $200 set of pullies can void the warranty for a lot of parts but adding thesupercharger wont. Do keep in mind this is only the Roush sc though.
Say, for the sake of argument, if he had problems with his car, he decided to pull parts off.

What N/A parts could he add that won't void the warranty, and would the following add up to competitive horsepower to a blown car?

Intake, headers, exhaust, x-pipe, Xcalibratur 2, cams, stage 2 clutch and some steeda lite lowering springs on top.

What out of those parts would provide problems with the warranty?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:38 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

Dealer labor would put it over the $5k mark though.Probably around $5300.00.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:38 PM
NamelessMC

ORIGINAL: owero01

You can get the Ford supercharger for under $5,000, have a dealer install it and not void the warranty.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9646

[&:] Installation of this kit will void your new vehicle engine warranty

Read that on the link.

Okay, what's the most horsepower he could get with N/A mods that are warranty friendly?

Intake, X-Pipe, what else?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NamelessMC

Say, for the sake of argument, if he had problems with his car, he decided to pull parts off.

What N/A parts could he add that won't void the warranty, and would the following add up to competitive horsepower to a blown car?

Intake, headers, exhaust, x-pipe, Xcalibratur 2, cams, stage 2 clutch and some steeda lite lowering springs on top.

What out of those parts would provide problems with the warranty?

N/A I seriously doubt it for 5 grand but thier are a lot more knowledgeable people here about these cars than I and certainly no way if you want to keep any sort of warranty on it. FI is is going to be your best bet if you want that kind of power. As far as the warranty, first off they have to prove your aftermarket part caused the failure. For mods I dont know about exhaust but you can do a CAI and tune get it from brenspeed or B ama then when you need to make a dealer trip you just switch back to stock tune and intake. Keep in mind if you go FI then you'll need to spend a couple grand on the suspension I dont believe the stock GT will handlt supercharger HP/TQ.

Why not just by a stage 3 or 427R roush both FI and both with brand new warranties

here is a link to the roush sc with 3yr 36k http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1
Old 05-31-2007, 09:43 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: NamelessMC

Okay I'm not completely clueless to cars, I used to work on Hondas, (I know, bleh) but my brother in law is all Mustang all day. He bought a 2006 Mustang GT 5-speed last year and almost turned it in for a 2007 Mustang GT with a Regency "GTR" package which included a body kit, exhaust, intake, 18" rims, suspension drop, a two tone black with copper top paint job and a glass sunroof thing. I wasn't too impressed with the kit, being it was $10,000 on top of the GT's cost. His Mustang is cherry, only 16k on the clock and still in tip top condition. I told him, instead of getting a $330 a month increase on his payment and having only 330-345 to the wheels, he could spend the money he saved and just fix his up.

The problem is, neither of us knows crap about this stuff.

For the sake of him and my sister, mods that don't void the warranty would be nice, but he plans on keeping the car if the mods really grow on him.

What I've researched so far-
As far as N/A tuning, I know a C&L Cold Intake + Xcalibratur 2 for $599 is a good choice, Mac Direct Fit Shorty Headers, Bassani Modular X-Pipe and then just keep the Flowmaster axleback canisters he has on it already.

The thing is, all that stuff at the most will put him at what, 360-375 to the wheels? He really wants a super charger, but I know it'll void his warranty.

Warranty aside though, is it possible to get a super charger and all the stuff needed to use it on the road without problems for under 5 grand? I know the stock clutch won't handle it, but I wonder about intake/tuning, X-pipe or H-pipe and possible headers?

Thanks a lot guys for any tips.

This is time limited because he's very impatient and he'll just start buying stuff online without waiting for a good deal unless I can come up with something good.

See what is in bold.

That will not get you anywhere near 360-375 to the wheels
Old 05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Man_Of_Leisure
1st Gear Member

As far as the warranty, first off they have to prove your aftermarket part caused the failure...
Thats the trick right there. They can refuse service. At that point you can choose to take them to court, and then they have to prove that it caused the failure. Meanwhile your car isnt getting work. Legal system ftl unless youre a criminal.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:45 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

I don't think you can get 360 at the wheels without voiding warranty. For 5k I would do.

Suspension Work, Tokicos, Adj LCA, Adj Panhard, LCA Reloc Bracket, Rear Sway, Panhard Brace, UCA, and a set of springs you like.
4.10s in the rear. C&L and Xcal2. Steeda UDPs. Kooks LT headers w/ Cats & X-Pipe. All that depending on install could come around at 4-5k. And will probably just give you 320-330 at the wheels. It could come in under 4-5k, and if so, a 1 piece driveshaft could be added. A lot of those mods don't make more power, but will make the power you do have damn more readily available. For suspension stuff Im going BMR. Those mods are what most the board does without going FI, and all reality it's all I want for my car. SCer is fun, but I can't swing that.

Quick Reply: 2006 GT 5 speed with $5000 to spend on power, help? *Time limited*