Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just curious

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 01:06 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just curious

There are two types of Mustang owners, those who have gotten a ticket and those that are about to get a ticket!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:40 PM
ModernMuscle
2nd Gear Member

First 5 days, and got a noise violation ticket, along with warnings for speeding, reckless drivng, exhibition of accelleration, and no front plate (all at the same time, was doing a lil showoff at the popular meeting place for some friends, no traffic, no nothing, BS'd with the officer for 30 minutes about cars)
since have been pulled over, not ticketed for chirping my drags (really didnt, but she swore I did from 100 yards away with her window rolled up), only having my driving lights on, and thats about it...lol so far.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:49 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

I have had the car since Aug, no tickets, just some close calls. I am sometimes stupid in my '07 too, I'll light her up leaving the parking lot at work almost weekly.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:28 PM
bobsmilie2000
I ♥ Acer

4 speeding tickets, 1 running a red light, 1 more for speeding lol. cops in my area are dicks, they see im a young kid in a nice car and say GET HIM!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Blueline

ORIGINAL: Wally39
How many of you have gotten speeding tickets etc in your new Mustang? It's so easy to go fast in these cars I was just curious. I've got one from trying to catch up to a Vette. 65 in a 45 on the outskirts of town.
Also got it for sqealing my tires which was bull, because I was at a stoplight out on the highway and all I did was sqeek the Mickey Thompson's. They really grab. I think he just wanted to get his stupid quota to look good for his boss.
Quotas in my state are illegal thus cops are free to write all the tickets they want. LOL

Seriously though state troopers/ highway patrolmen generally don’t respond to criminal calls so its hard to justify few or no tickets written when pretty much their whole job is traffic enforcement. Our county police on the other hand have such a high call volume they rarely run traffic and you have be really showing your hind end before they will pull you over.

ORIGINAL: bobsmilie2000
4 speeding tickets, 1 running a red light, 1 more for speeding lol. cops in my area are dicks, they see im a young kid in a nice car and say GET HIM!
Yea im sure its that and not your otherwise unsafe driving habbits.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:49 PM
bobsmilie2000
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Blueline

ORIGINAL: Wally39
How many of you have gotten speeding tickets etc in your new Mustang? It's so easy to go fast in these cars I was just curious. I've got one from trying to catch up to a Vette. 65 in a 45 on the outskirts of town.
Also got it for sqealing my tires which was bull, because I was at a stoplight out on the highway and all I did was sqeek the Mickey Thompson's. They really grab. I think he just wanted to get his stupid quota to look good for his boss.
Quotas in my state are illegal thus cops are free to write all the tickets they want. LOL

Seriously though state troopers/ highway patrolmen generally don’t respond to criminal calls so its hard to justify few or no tickets written when pretty much their whole job is traffic enforcement. Our county police on the other hand have such a high call volume they rarely run traffic and you have be really showing your hind end before they will pull you over.

ORIGINAL: bobsmilie2000
Yea im sure its that and not your otherwise unsafe driving habbits.

the last ticket i got was for going 39 in a 35
Old 06-02-2007, 10:52 PM
3v4.6l
1st Gear Member

I got pulled over for going 85 in a 65 right afterI installed my cai & tune,but the cop was really cool and gave me a break, he said because I had not gotten a ticket in 5 years and because he hada corvette and knows it's hard to not speed sometimes.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:19 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

I've been pulled over twice in 8 months for exhibition of accelleration, both were unmarkedcars.The last time, I was getting out of my car in the garage and noticed the Chief of Police pulled right up behind me in the driveway. Of course he asked me if I was in a hurry and that he clocked me doing 60 in a 35 (access road to my subdivision). I told him I just installed my new shifter and was just running it thru the gears[8D]He asked me for my license, never ran a check and began to check out my car. I guess it helps that I've got a lot of grey in my beard. We discussed Hurst because he saw the white ball but I told him my MGW shifter was IMO way better than the Hurst. Anyway he told me to take it easy and slow down. I thanked him for the waning and waved.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:20 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Have had my GT for year and a half and no speeding ticket and yes I do speed a lot of the time.You can't help it. Got three in my V6 in the last 4 years. Figure that.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:31 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

I've gotten stopped 4 times in the month I've had my GT. Not gotten a single ticket tho (tho I really deserved it once... 92 in a 55), and twice the cops havestopped me just because he liked my car and wanted to check it out Of course, I usually wave or if they can hear me, I say hi tothem as I drive by. Cops get alot of undue resentment and ill-will directed at them, and I've found that just small jestures of appreciation go a long way. Hell, I've gone as far as to buy an extra coffee in the morning and given it to the first cop I see. A little bit of good Karma can go a long way.

Quick Reply: Just curious