Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New GTs Vs. The World

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:38 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New GTs Vs. The World

i agree that alot of cars out there is a drivers race or a little quicker then us but the look you get from someone that drives up beside you in a porche boxster and you beat him is priceless considering their car is over 40,000.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:35 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06musgt

be careful of all mercedes that have the amg badge on the back,they range from 380 hp to over 600 hp,they are quick.you might hang with the little roadster amg but the midsize ones are real beasts.
LOL, i learned that one the hard way..Sl55 AMG

the two fastest car ive ever messed w/ on the road to date were a sl55 AMG, and some crazy modd ls1 camero SS; omg...cams, headers and the whole 9 yards...just sick

I've beant pretty much every truck that tryed to race me; dodge ram 1500's, f150s, more 1500s, all those crazy old lifted trucks, s10. Did i say ram 1500? they really like to race.

I've beat 2 stock 2005 350zs(i hear the new ones are fast), 06 civic si, gti, modd 94 civic w/ my bro v6, 530 bmr,

Old 06-05-2007, 01:50 AM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

The AMG's are fast but the Brabus tuned ones are a little more mental. They go up to 730hp and 810ft lbs which is actually electronically limited.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:27 AM
KeeJoZ
1st Gear Member

Had a Jeep SRT/8 behind me yesterday at the traffic lights. I was aware something was different about it, so I was kind of suspecious. We took off and I stayed in first, he joined and I pushed it down all the way, we went up all the way to third. Next lights, he pulled up next to me, we talked for a few seconds and decided to give it another try. Hitting green, we both floored it and went up to third again. I gained a little but nothing dramatic. I was surprised about this test, you know. Hearing so much about them.... I know now that they're fast, but they won't pull away from me as I was expecting (at least this one wasn't), so I know in the future, I can give it another try... Not knowing if I will make is part of the fun for me, you know?
Last I went next to a lightning, which pulled hard as well, I expected less from that one, so I was pretty surprised. Due to traffic, we weren't able to give it a second chance... tough luck for me...
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is... in a few you'll know which one's will be dangerous and which aren't (but there can always be an exception in this category). So, why not just give it a try to all the cars that feel like going, they might surprise you, or not...
it's up to you, but don't be afraid to loose sometimes.. It'll make you more alert and appreciate the others!

JMO
Old 06-05-2007, 06:26 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

I have taken alot of strong cars..I am not bull****ing..

A turbo charged nissan 350Z, a supercharged lumina ss 2004, 300c srt8, jeep srt8, supras ( slightly moded ) , skyline gts 32, 33, 34 and they were slightly moded too, porsche cayenne turbo, cayman s, carrera 4 s , smoked every sn-95 except a cobra got me, smoked all s197 mustangs I raced.. lost to one though, I also am sure I can take an audi rs4 havent tried yet but im looking forward to it.. and am also looking for a mercedes e55 amg.. i know im crazy.. but I think I can take the M-benz until 3rd or 4th gear.

if you are wondering.. my mods are:

canned tune
LCA
UCA
Steeda rear sway bar

and thats it.. I know most of you will say im bull****ing .. but dont bother.. search tungstenizerGT in youtube and streetfire.. most of my races are there..
Old 06-05-2007, 06:41 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Why would someone say your are FOS?

There are so many variables in any race that anything can beat anything so you shouldn't make assumptions about your car based on what someone else did in theirs against someone else.

The best way to find out what your car can do is to get off the internet and go race it.

So many guys seem so afraid to get walked and come online and ask a zillion questions about outcomes that nobody could possibly predict. You are never going to beat everyone and losing is not going to make your weener fall off, so just have fun win or lose.

Who cares what you 'CAN' beat. Sometimes you will beat cars that you shouldn't have, and sometimes you'll get walked when you shouldn't have - just is what it is.

As long as you have fun in your car, that's all that matters. ANY car has the portential to be dangerous and may not always appear to be so. Just be safe and have fun.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Ahhhhh. It seems at though my stang keeps on getting slower, but I guess Im just getting used to it

Really, our stock cars really arent that fast
Old 06-05-2007, 09:44 PM
IcemanBlackGT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

Why would someone say your are FOS?

There are so many variables in any race that anything can beat anything so you shouldn't make assumptions about your car based on what someone else did in theirs against someone else.

The best way to find out what your car can do is to get off the internet and go race it.

So many guys seem so afraid to get walked and come online and ask a zillion questions about outcomes that nobody could possibly predict. You are never going to beat everyone and losing is not going to make your weener fall off, so just have fun win or lose.

Who cares what you 'CAN' beat. Sometimes you will beat cars that you shouldn't have, and sometimes you'll get walked when you shouldn't have - just is what it is.

As long as you have fun in your car, that's all that matters. ANY car has the portential to be dangerous and may not always appear to be so. Just be safe and have fun.

ok thanks way to help no one by saying that, yea i get your point but the last thing i or anyone else wants to hear is you ranting about you think is the right thing to do, eveyone is just trying to get info from this cite and have a good time people like you like to preach and make stupid coments like that and it helps no one, honestly don't waste space on a thred people are intrested in d-bag[sm=shutup.gif]
Old 06-05-2007, 10:53 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

i raced a lightning last week going to work.they are quick,i out launched him but i couldn't loose him.beat him by only 2 or 3 cars.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:59 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

i haven't had any 350z's try me yet,most cars that want to try me are civics and other compacts.the only cars i raced that was worthy was a porche boxster,not bad but no contest and a lightning,that truck gave me a fight but couldn't pull on me.
ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

ORIGINAL: 06musgt

be careful of all mercedes that have the amg badge on the back,they range from 380 hp to over 600 hp,they are quick.you might hang with the little roadster amg but the midsize ones are real beasts.
LOL, i learned that one the hard way..Sl55 AMG

the two fastest car ive ever messed w/ on the road to date were a sl55 AMG, and some crazy modd ls1 camero SS; omg...cams, headers and the whole 9 yards...just sick

I've beant pretty much every truck that tryed to race me; dodge ram 1500's, f150s, more 1500s, all those crazy old lifted trucks, s10. Did i say ram 1500? they really like to race.

I've beat 2 stock 2005 350zs(i hear the new ones are fast), 06 civic si, gti, modd 94 civic w/ my bro v6, 530 bmr,

Quick Reply: New GTs Vs. The World