Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which Super charger or Turbo for 5K next week??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 11:14 PM
4mymustang

Default Which Super charger or Turbo for 5K next week??

Hi everyone,

I have searched old post and have gotten some info but I need current feedback and opinions please.

I am getting a bonus check next Tuesday for 5K and I need to know the best Super charger/Turbo I could get INCLUDING install for 5K and not a dime more. (nooooo I cant install it myself)

Please don't post the likes of " I would just save up a little more and get a KBell" because I will not spend any more than the 5K so dont bother trying to get me to do that. The 5K is burning a hole in my pocket before I even get it next week. The 5K must include everything....ie:
cold plugs, injectors,, etc

"I would just get suspension mods and tune& headers blah blah..." That is not the question or the answer I need.

AGAIN, please I know there are other options but just stick to the SC or T questions.

When I say best I mean for the buck most gain, safest on engine proven track record, etc.

I know install prices will vary from state to state and shop to shop but I just want some opinions on if YOU had the 5K and you only wanted to go FI like now.

I will post pics of the purchased item once I go pick it up.

Thanks for your help in advance.

EDIT---Just spoke with a buddy of mine and he said he will help install it. (he did his whipple without any problems on a Saturday) So that being said I have 5k for the Super charger since I dont have to pay for install.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:21 PM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Which Super charger or Turbo for 5K next week??

you may have to go used since install prices are $500 and up from what I have been told. That is all i have to offer which is nothing
Old 06-04-2007, 11:24 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

not sure which one you can get installed for 5, but maybe
a used centrifugal. good luck and i hope to see ya at
the boost lounge......happy hour is 4-7. [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

ORIGINAL: 4mymustang

Hi everyone,

I have searched old post and have gotten some info but I need current feedback and opinions please.

I am getting a bonus check next Tuesday for 5K and I need to know the best Super charger/Turbo I could get INCLUDING install for 5K and not a dime more. (nooooo I cant install it myself)

Please don't post the likes of " I would just save up a little more and get a KBell" because I will not spend any more than the 5K so dont bother trying to get me to do that. The 5K is burning a hole in my pocket before I even get it next week. The 5K must include everything....ie:

"I would just get suspension mods and tune& headers blah blah..." That is not the question or the answer I need.

AGAIN, please I know there are other options but just stick to the SC or T questions.

When I say best I mean for the buck most gain, safest on engine proven track record, etc.

I know install prices will vary from state to state and shop to shop but I just want some opinions on if YOU had the 5K and you only wanted to go FI like now.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:23 AM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Single turbo kit from turbohorsepower.com goes for a little under 4 grand, which leaves you some room for whatever they don't include with the kit. They seem very willing to customize the kit for your needs (I was looking at their twin kit before I switched over to the supercharger side!)
Old 06-05-2007, 12:24 AM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

In that price range the only ones I can think of are the Paxton supercharger kit from Brenspeed and the single turbo kit from Turbo Horsepower.

Earl
Old 06-05-2007, 12:26 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hammeron

when i got my 12K bonus check, i got the whipple. sorry
you only have 5 to play with, but life could be worse.
-
not sure which one you can get installed for 5, but maybe
a used centrifugal. good luck and i hope to see ya at
the boost lounge......happy hour is 4-7. [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Hi everyone,

+1 - on your budget, I'd look around for a used Vortech H/O and spend the leftover on an icebox, BAP, couple pullies, and an 8 rib set-up. 5K could set you up nicely if you look around.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:00 AM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

+1. I don't think you are going to get a install and turbo set up for under 5k. I paid over 7k for install,tune and gauges. Also dont think you will find a TS S/C for less than 5k. Unless you can do the install yourself, your best bet is the vortech. Which is a very nice setup. Price wise and performance. If your dead set up a TS S/C or Turbo then save your money until next bonus
Old 06-05-2007, 01:38 AM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

..............." I would just save up a little more and get a KBell" ............
Sorry that is the only honest answer I could give you, that or a Whipple
Old 06-05-2007, 09:58 PM
4mymustang

Thanks guys,

Unless something else comes up from one of you it looks like I will go with the Brenspeed $4,240 Vortech
Says it includes everything, some of you missed the edit on my first post that a friend of mine said he will install it with my help so I will save some cash there. A few pizzas and some drinks is all I will need to pay him.

If there is something that should be on the list from Brenspeed that I will need PLEASE let me know so I can plan on getting it. So far I have only added gages to the list . I was thinking about A/F, Boost and oil pressure. If you suggest 3 other gage pods then please chime in. The paxton is an option on the same page as well. It cost a little more but puts out more HP, it would not leave much left for anything else I may need, like those gage pods.

Here is the link, Vortech is all the way at the bottom. Thanks to everyone for the info, I really appreciate it!
http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_200...rchargers.html

One other thing, I did look into the turbo website that one of you posted but they do not list any number info at all so I will have to speak with them before I even can consider them.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:38 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

nicely done that is definately an awesome kit
and i'm sure you'll be more than happy with it.

[sm=signs007.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Which Super charger or Turbo for 5K next week??