Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How Do You Like Your GT's? Im Gettin Ready To Trade In

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Slammintone
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How Do You Like Your GT's? Im Gettin Ready To Trade In

Love my GT and would recommend one just for the sheer pleasure and happiness I get driving it. Every single time. I would also like to check out on of them Pontiac Solstices for a bad little cruiser mobile. Especially the turbo charged version. Course, compared to the GT it might be too wimpy I don't know yet.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Buy a ricer because if you have to think about it then obviousley you aren't a Mustang Man.
I think you missed the fact that the guy has owned two mustangs...
Old 06-06-2007, 11:05 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

i knew wrx's were fast but i had no idea they could give us a fight.i knew around twisties,they could though.if i race one,i know now not to take them lightly.you don't know what anyone has these days.i was at orlando a few years ago at fun ford weekend,back when i had my 02 v6 mustang.there was a focus there,looked normal,even had a jesus fish on the back and he ran 14's,i was like dam.
ORIGINAL: Mudflap

ORIGINAL: 06musgt
ihope you all are talking about the sti because a regular wrx couldn't take a gt off the line unless i'm missing something.
If you dump the clutch, sure it could. It has zero wheel slip with the AWD. It could get out ahead at first, but the stock turbo is small and doesn't have much top end however, so the GT would reel it in pretty quick. The WRX is a totally different animal, its a rally car vs a drag car so really the comparision isn't all that fair. Put both of them into a canyon on the curves and watch the stock WRX disappear ahead of a stock GT. The STi will chew up nearly anything except an Evo in the twisties anywhere near it's price range, and even well beyond for the most part. Not to mention the sub 5 second 0-60 time in a straight line. The WRX's are respectable, but I don't expect many fans on this board. I had a really good time with mine, and she would burn all four tires after the mods. It was much faster than a stock GT at Stage II on the stock turbo, and was probably similar to my GT with the tune/intake. It could out handle my GT cold though...
[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

some of these magazines put that little supercharged soltice at very close numbers to a stock gt.
ORIGINAL: Slammintone

Love my GT and would recommend one just for the sheer pleasure and happiness I get driving it. Every single time. I would also like to check out on of them Pontiac Solstices for a bad little cruiser mobile. Especially the turbo charged version. Course, compared to the GT it might be too wimpy I don't know yet.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:11 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

If your driving in the snow then good SNOW tires are the most important things. Price out snow tires for the WRX, I DARE you. Problems w/ the WRXs in the snow is that they are so light.