Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Valet mode in tune???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 02:13 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Valet mode in tune???

Just wondering how many of you guys had your tuner install a valet mode in your tune. If so do you actually use it? I'm curious because everytime I go to dinner with my family, or drop the car off at a shop,I willinstall the valet tune while in the parking lot. Call me paranoid, but a few years ago when I was going to trade in my Honda Accord (yes that was modded too), I saw the appraiser pealing out of the lot and hauling A** down Main street. I was so pissed that I actually took the purchase order that was in the works ofwith finance guy, ripped it up and placed it in his trash can. Toldhim the deal was off if they were going to treat my used car that way, I could only guess what they would be doingwhen I dropped my new car off for service.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:17 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Valet mode in tune???

What exactly is valet mode on a tuner?
It isnt the same as on a remote start is it?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:24 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: explict

Valet mode basically allows the user/owner of the vehicle to place certain perameters in place so that a friend that borrows the car won't joy ride in it. I have a valet mode that once installed sets a rev limiter of 4KRPM, and no more than 50MPH. There isn't anything I can think of that my mechanic or a valet attendant would need to go 50MPH in my car.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:34 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

For those of you who don't know what a valet mode is or that it exists,I would highly recommend it. I can't tell you how many dealer plates I see out there and there doing 100+ on the highways. Arizona in the last 4-5 years has becaome a mini LA, for those of you that have never driven there, it's like the Germany Autobahn. The last thing is to have a $10/hour detailer taking your car out for a quick spin and not realizing the power you have under the hood and wrapping it around a tree. That's what happened to a co-worker of mines BMW 5 months ago, when he dropped it off to get detailed for 3 hours. He got a call and the next thing he knew was dealing with the car washesinsurance company and lawyers.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:36 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

That doesnt sound like a bad idea I'm gonna have to ask about it.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:55 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

Actually here in town a girl brought in her V6 Mustang to get something done, an employee took it out for a joy-ride writing it off a few miles away. In the long run Ford GAVE her a Mustang GT with whatever options she wanted. That way they didnt really have to go through insurance.
Sketchy story but I have heard it a few times from a few different people.

So all in all dont get a vallet and hope this happens
Old 06-08-2007, 02:55 AM
123fearit
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

ORIGINAL: explict

Valet mode basically allows the user/owner of the vehicle to place certain perameters in place so that a friend that borrows the car won't joy ride in it. I have a valet mode that once installed sets a rev limiter of 4KRPM, and no more than 50MPH. There isn't anything I can think of that my mechanic or a valet attendant would need to go 50MPH in my car.

Crap, I vote to limit the valets to 35. Seen too many fools take off and take crazy turns at speed. That's why I never let the valet touch my cars. I'll park it myself just show me where to park it.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:23 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

This seems like a REAL good idea! Please give more info on this "valet mode". and what tuner you got it from!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:33 AM
swoosh
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

This seems like a REAL good idea! Please give more info on this "valet mode". and what tuner you got it from!
+1

Def a good idea. Think I saw on this or another Mustang Forum where a guy left his new, already moddedGT/CS with avalet, and when the guy went to pick it up, watched as the valet dropped the clutch, and peeled out into the back of a parked Bronco, totalling the Mustang.

After having a few grind the clutch on my old stang, needless to say I avoid valet service as much as possible.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

I am surprised at how many people never heard of or have installed this. Call me paranoid but I have seen and heard some crazy stuff happen to our cars. I too always park my own car, but unfortunately when I take it to the dealer to get it worked on I'm not in control what they do with it for the day while I'm at work. That's where valet mode comes in handy, it tames our GT beasts into tame "my little pony cars" that get 30MPG.
I have the SCT xcal 2 tuner. When I paid to get my car Dynoed for HP/TQ I had 2 tunes the installer put on my hand held device. He was the one that suggested after seeing my car on the Dyno to add the 3rd tune as a Valet mode. He basically took my HP tune and removed 5 or 6 degrees of timing out (can't remember exactly) and set 2 perameters 4K rev limitor and 50MPH.It's a locked file that I can't edit but he was kind enough to email me the ll3 files...

PM me if interested in valet mode.

Quick Reply: Valet mode in tune???