Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

LCA relocation brackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:29 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: LCA relocation brackets

ORIGINAL: Stoenr
ORIGINAL: ezio350
Thanks you guys that gave me great input and info. on my previous post " LCA's, but which ones ? ". I learned a whole bunch.

My question now is...I have 1' drop rear springs on my GT. Will new and better LCA do the job? OR do I need LCA relocation brackets do to the 1' drop? As soon as I get your feedback, I will be ordering the appropriate kit.
Thanks again for all your inputs, and suggestions.
Stock, I had some wheel hop.
Did a 1" drop with springs only, most hop seemed to be gone.
Installed adj lca's all seems to be gone, havent had hop since. 1.8-1.9 60's at the strip.
Now the angle of the lca is not level, and people say I shuold get the relocate brackets. But right now I cant see doing that since my wheel hop issue is gone and my launches are pretty darn good.

The reason you got less wheelhop after you lowered the car is that you have altered your rear suspension geometry movingyour car'sinstant center in the wrong directionreducing your car's rear traction on launch. You either have to launch at a lower RPM, slip the clutch more when launching or end upspinning the tires instead of being able to put the power down you have. Once you install a set of LCA relocation brackets you can set them to increase your rear tires' traction and you will grabpavement much better by moving them to a lower mounting point on the bracket. Depending your springs and dampers you my have to play with the LCA position to get the bestlaunch traction. There is no magic in the UCA and LCA's being sold, just firm bushings which if you could replace your stock bushings with harder bushings would do the same thing as installing an aftermarket UCA or LCA's. I think FRPP is selling replacement bushings for the stock UCA and LCA's but they are not as firmas the poly bushings used in the aftemarket UCA's and LCA's.

HTH!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Interesting enough. 5k dumps of the clutch resulted in no wheel spin on drag radials.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:47 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

All I see is you would be twice as annoying in person as you are online,i'm sure. Just for you i'm going to check the angle to the ground of my control arms.

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

ORIGINAL: moosestang
If for some reason you are not willing to have the brackets welded to your axle the BMR bolt on design is the best of the bolt on designs I've see and installed. The CHE part is just stupid with a single LCA mounting point. What were they thinking?

Cheers!
They were thinking not everyone needs more than one mounting point! Mine are perfectly level with the ground using the ford racing springs. That's all that's needed for most people.
Hi Moosestang,

I installeda set ofCHE LCA relocation bracketsalong with a set of Tokico D-Specs and FRPP/Eibach Pro-Kit sport springs for a local S197GTownerand IMO there is no way your LCA's areparallel to the ground with the CHE bolt-in LCA brackets. You might be sort of close, saywithin 15 degrees of parallel but notparallel. I followthe factoryFord shop manual practice of torquing all control arm and rear damper fasteners with the rear axle at normal ride height andhis LCA's were not even close to being parallel to the ground once I had the guy's car off the stands.

While it is probably true that between FRPP and Eibach (FYI,FRPP sells the Eibach Pro-Kit springs as their ownFRPP sportspring which means that every Shelby GT, Hertz GT-H coupe and vert. has these springs installed), they are the majority of the sport springs seen on S197s in my area (SoCal), not all cars are the same nor are all cars using FRPP/Eibach Pro-Kit sport springs. There are MANY differentvery good sportsprings on the market. Steeda the largestthird-partyMustang parts supplier in the worldsells sportsprings for S197 chassis that only lower the car approx. 1" all around as does H&R. The FRPP/Eibach Pro-Kit springs drop the rear 1.5"-1.7", the Eibach Sportlines drop the rear 2". All of CHE's suspension parts are verydragstrip oriented and are notwell designed even fora car that only sees the dragstrip. From a mechanical design standpointa well designed suspensioncomponent will allow for awide range of settingsanduses withmany different makes of equipment and allow for adjustabilityto the type of track, track conditions, suspension/tire combinations and driver preference all while meeting reasonable mechanical load requirements with a healthymargin of safety. For all of these reasonsa well designed LCA relocation bracketwill incorporateas wide a range of adjustabilityas is mechanicallypractical.

So knowing thisyou should be able to see thathaving more than one mounting hole location inLCA relocation brackets is arequirement ofany good LCA relocation bracket design. The CHE LCA relocation bracket with itssingle locationLCAmounting point is simply apoor design and IMO just stupid.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

All I see is you would be twice as annoying in person as you are online,i'm sure. Just for you i'm going to check the angle to the ground of my control arms.
Who are we talking about here?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I was talking about F1fan.

Ok, i measured using a digital inclinometer that can be zeroed out. I used the cement to zero it and used a flat piece of steel so there wouldn't be any doubt on the round control arm tubes.

My control arms are 1.6 degrees sloping downward from the body to the axle compared to the ground.

Now how in the **** did you get 15 degrees???????? Maybe you don't know just how much of an angle that is?

Old 06-12-2007, 06:36 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

I was talking about F1fan.

Ok, i measured using a digital inclinometer that can be zeroed out. I used the cement to zero it and used a flat piece of steel so there wouldn't be any doubt on the round control arm tubes.

My control arms are 1.6 degrees sloping downward from the body to the axle compared to the ground.

Now how in the **** did you get 15 degrees???????? Maybe you don't know just how much of an angle that is?
Hi Stoenr,

Moosestang was likely whinningabout me, hehas some kind of chip on his shoulder.

Moosestang, as to the angle see my edit, I was pretty close. Regardingyour inability to use common sense or understand the most basic engineering and design ideas I tried to explain them to you as best Icould. So what do you not understand and needto have re-explained to you so you understand the issues better?

Cheers!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Convient typo. No chip here, atleast not one you could knock off.

Hi Stoenr,

Moosestang was likely whinningabout me, hehas some kind of chip on his shoulder.

Moosestang, as to the angle see my edit, I was pretty close. Regardingyour inability to use common sense or understand the most basic engineering and design ideas I tried to explain them to you as best Icould. So what do you not understand and needto have re-explained to you so you understand the issues better?

Cheers!
Old 09-23-2007, 06:24 PM
kdchampion

Ok, so I'm reading this and getting excited because there are relocation brackets out there, but I cannot find any to buy for the life of me! Are these brackets only sold with LCA's or can they be bought seperately? I have Metco LCA's on my car, will a BMR bolt-on bracket work with any LCA?

Thanks!