Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Base Decal

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 05:39 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Default Base Decal

Got a quick question for those of you that are also (or have been) in a situation where your place of employment requires that you place a decal on your bumper or windshield. If I am forced to put it on the bumper - is there going to be a way to remove it later? I will be in CA in the blistering heat and do not like the idea of putting this on my bumper (or windshield) but it sounds like its a must.
Any suggestions would be appreciated..... thanks!
Old 06-16-2007, 06:21 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Base Decal

Never had that experience? What do you have to put on the car? Does it represent the company? a product they/you sell? If it is your car they can't make you do anything!? The last I checked this is a free country. Need more info....J
Old 06-16-2007, 07:18 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Its a base decal.... meaning it has to be on there in order to gain access to the installation. Its a closed base so you have to place the decal on their for the guards to see and scan (at times) for added security.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Flint

I wouldn't put it on the bumper. I put mine on my window on the bottom driver's side. Not too obvious when driving around but visible at the gate.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:47 AM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

I would stick it on something like a piece of cardboard, then display it in the inside lower corner of your windshield when you are on base, then when your off base you can put in your console or glove box until you need it again.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:08 AM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

Yea...def dont stick it to your bumper...nothing good can come from that
Old 06-16-2007, 12:09 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

If you have to stick it to the bumper, get a piece of plexiglass the same size and then use a number of small sucktion cups and attach them to the plexiglass and just stick it on the bumper temporarily. Then just remove it when you don't need it. You can get the materials from any Lowes or Homedepot store. Also, you can do this for the inside of the window as well.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:38 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Not the bumper. That thing is going to be a nightmare to get off. Place it on the lower right side (driver side) of windshield or tiop of the windshield. I have removed plenty of those in over 20 yrs career with the military and never had an issue once placed on the glass.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Put it on the windshield, yes if it's for a military base it will be required. I had mine on the center top of the windshield, easy for them to see easy for you to remove once done.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

DOD just scrapped the windshield stickers... they cost too much and are actually dangerous as the make military members easily identifiable... OPSEC!!!

Quick Reply: Base Decal