Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Super Charger upgrades Poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:06 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Super Charger upgrades Poll

Eddy's car didn't qualify in the end, because of
some of the shelby modifications.

Eddy now has the s/c bug and can't shake it the
only cure for Eddy now, is to s/c his ride....

good luck Eddy and happy hour at the boost club, is
5-7 on weeknights, 5-10:30pm on weekends
Old 06-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

ohhh.... well then... if $$$ is an issue... S/C with stock bottom... $$$ not an issue I stand by my thought... fully forged!!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

why is this even a poll? if you have the money who wouldnt want forged internals??
Old 06-19-2007, 05:43 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I think Eddy is still working with KB to get his car qaulified. Good luck man!

You are going to be VERY impressed with FI in the beginning and then , trust me, you will want more. My advice is to stick with the bottom end and run 10 psi or so and stay in the 450-460 range for awhile. Once you get the bug to go faster, then give Adam at ST Motosports a call. (I recommend him because he is local and he has some good pricing on rotating assemblies with JE pistons) It's not as much as you would think to do your rotating assembly and that and a fuel upgrade is pretty much all you'll need to make 600 hp.

My other advice is to spend the extra bucks on a new block. It is worth the investment IMO. Sometimes waiting for things like the machine shop to balance and other junk takes forever and if you build on a new block, you don't have to worry about being without a car for an undetermined amount of time cause nobody can garuntee these things when they are building them. Outside sources like balancing leaves it up in the air sometimes.

If you build on a new block, when it's ready, a simple swap and you're good to go.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

What are the costs to built the bottom end?
What benifits does it have if you're running at arond 430 rwhp?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

no benefit at 430rwhp....if you get internals its because you want 450rwhp+. i want close to 550!

2200 for internals. 2000 for install. or build a block BUT your stock block will handle 1000hp so i dont see the point unless you just dont wanna wait
Old 06-19-2007, 10:22 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

I think Eddy is still working with KB to get his car qaulified. Good luck man!

You are going to be VERY impressed with FI in the beginning and then , trust me, you will want more. My advice is to stick with the bottom end and run 10 psi or so and stay in the 450-460 range for awhile. Once you get the bug to go faster, then give Adam at ST Motosports a call. (I recommend him because he is local and he has some good pricing on rotating assemblies with JE pistons) It's not as much as you would think to do your rotating assembly and that and a fuel upgrade is pretty much all you'll need to make 600 hp.

My other advice is to spend the extra bucks on a new block. It is worth the investment IMO. Sometimes waiting for things like the machine shop to balance and other junk takes forever and if you build on a new block, you don't have to worry about being without a car for an undetermined amount of time cause nobody can garuntee these things when they are building them. Outside sources like balancing leaves it up in the air sometimes.

If you build on a new block, when it's ready, a simple swap and you're good to go.
Not to be unfortunatly,

I tried everything i could think of but,in the end, The testing facility said , It had to be a Stock Mustang. The shelby has already gone thru the state of california to make it smog legal with the set up it has now and i could not remove the stuff and make it stock,"Cant do it backwards smog wise, so im out......

I will tell you though that Jim Bell is a super nice guy to deal with and he tried but could not make it happen. The crap part to is that of all the cars that he has tried to qualify so far, mine is the only one with that code on the sticker, so he say's he may just have to go buy a car to get it done.

Thanks for all your help with trying to make it happen also Mark!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:26 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

Eddy's car didn't qualify in the end, because of
some of the shelby modifications.

Eddy now has the s/c bug and can't shake it the
only cure for Eddy now, is to s/c his ride....

good luck Eddy and happy hour at the boost club, is
5-7 on weeknights, 5-10:30pm on weekends
I've always had the S/C bug, i was just hoping i was going to save some cash and use the cash i save else where, like the bottom end. Time to make the wife mad!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:43 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

well, if I am not mistaken you are getting the great deal from KB right...so I would invest that extra cash into the bottom end just for your piece of mind...but no I am stock bottom end with my current numbers. Will probably change out Drive shaft and TC before going new fuel pump and smaller pulley to ge to 450-475 rwhp...my tranny will be reinforced first before I venture onto the bottom end....IMO....
So if you keep it at or around the 425 mark and a good tune, The bottom end is not an issue untill you want to start making bigger power? Im pretty sure that im not going to want to push any more then that because its my daily driver and for me that is well enough for a street car. I use to run a 700Hp car at the track and that power was freakin scary sometimes about half track (Track prep)if you know what i mean, but that was a strip only car. I dont want to be the fastest guy out there, just some fun power once in while.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

for you Eddy, the only logical s/c choice
is the whipple. it's the closest thing to a
genuine ford part out there that i know of.

any other brand imo, would take away some of the
prestige, of the shelby uniqueness

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

well, if I am not mistaken you are getting the great deal from KB right...so I would invest that extra cash into the bottom end just for your piece of mind...but no I am stock bottom end with my current numbers. Will probably change out Drive shaft and TC before going new fuel pump and smaller pulley to ge to 450-475 rwhp...my tranny will be reinforced first before I venture onto the bottom end....IMO....
So if you keep it at or around the 425 mark and a good tune, The bottom end is not an issue untill you want to start making bigger power? Im pretty sure that im not going to want to push any more then that because its my daily driver and for me that is well enough for a street car. I use to run a 700Hp car at the track and that power was freakin scary sometimes about half track (Track prep)if you know what i mean, but that was a strip only car. I dont want to be the fastest guy out there, just some fun power once in while.

Quick Reply: Super Charger upgrades Poll