Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Kenne Bell . . . anything bad about them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 09:28 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Kenne Bell . . . anything bad about them?

9psi I ran a 11.9 on street tires. Thats about as fast as its going to go on street tires, more than likely with Slicks I could get a 11.6-11.8. My 11.9 was about a perfect of a run as you can have.
As good as KB is 10 psi is not going to get you in the 10's. Good luck though. It will take about 475-500rwhp or more to get into 10's.
Like someone said your going from 12.7 to 13.3 after you lose 90% of your other mods. Either way good luck, post slips/Videos in case you do 10's so u can say I told you so
Old 06-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dex

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...slip-7514.html

Whippled 13lbs and did a 11.43

No way youre going to pull 10's with 10lbs and a stock motor. If you look at the difference in times there was a turbo that ran 24lbs and did a 9.7
thats alot more boost
hum . . . this 13 lbs only dynod about 475 at the wheels . . . that should be about what a 10 psi Kenne Bell should put down . . .

anyways . . . i don't know what everyone is doubting tens for . . . did anyone not read the article i posted on the first page . . .

stock motor, 10 lbs on a Kenne Belle, 11.2's . . . if he had got it lined out right, might have seen 10's . . .

yeah, i know he wasn't stock by any means, and yes, i plan on doing the suspension work, the big's and littles, all the goodies just like those guys did . . . and yes, i plan on getting a 10 sec slip
Old 06-24-2007, 01:56 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Well I know for a fact Justin's car is complety gutted - has been since he started doing articles. I would bet the farm the KB was the same.

You don't always get the 'full' story when you read an article.

I'm talkking realistically and keeping a street car. If you want to gut your car and put it on a trailer - then 10's aren't going to impress anyone anyway..lol

When you go out and race you'll see. Good luck and don't get down on yourself if you don't meet your expectations. There is not a true street car in ANY of those mags even running 10's. I know most of them and their cars wouldn't last five minutes on the street with their strip set-ups.

If my car was a trailer car, I'd have been into the 8's a long time ago. Sub 11's on a street DD car is really tough. I know - it took me 2 motors and a year and a half to do it. But I'm kinda stupid, so maybe you'll have better luck..lol

Either way, good luck and have fun. Just don't get your hopes to high. You'd have to break your stock motor to dip below even 11.50's. Don't even ask how many times those guys you read about blow stock motors getting the one single pass to go in the magazine. You'll never hear about that side of the story, but, trust me, they ALL do.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:11 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

I have to say.. never underestimate determination guys, it will get you there. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:12 AM
carmanwelder
2nd Gear Member

That guy your refering to is the owner of the speed shop where I get my work done at. He and his family have been racing for ever. I'll ask him if he ever got his 10 psi 2.4 KB into the tens! He's damn good!
Old 06-24-2007, 04:24 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I never said it 'can't' be done. It actually can be done fairly easily by dropping 500 lbs off the car. My point was I don't think it can be done on a DD. But just because I don't think so certainly doesn't mean it's gospel.

Heck, I would be excited and jazzed if he or someone proved me wrong. That's the kind of stuff you like to be wrong about...good luck!!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:17 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

I think people foget how heavy our cars are. Having 10's is easy if yougot plenty of money, but with that said, you will have to shave alot of weight off the car, with a stock motor and 10psi.
I think Mark has but as much money and time in his car over the last couple of years and its shows how much it takes to get there.
Unless I wanted to blow my motor, there is no way I am getting 10's out of my Saleen with out loosing tons of weight, or getting a better motor, if with that said it takes alot of Hp/Tq to get these almost 4k pound cars with driver to get up and go.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Is the kenne bell a twin screw or centrifigul? I havnet a kenne bell kit to compare to the others I have found on the net and the more research I do on the subject leads me to think the twin screw will be the best for my applications. Currently I am looking(dreaming about) at Saleen and whipple and am looking for about 400rwhp or so.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

KB is a twin screw... makes great power.... one of the bette TS's from what I've read... easily get you 425+ RWHP
Old 06-25-2007, 03:06 AM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

Go for it, challenge is the name of the game.
The tunes that come with KB or Whipple are very conservative, try to get a tune for street and a 100 ocatane tune for the strip, but start saving for a new engine, or even better install a forged rotating assembly before taking it to the limit.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell . . . anything bad about them?