Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rice Races, Honda Integra Type R and Prelude

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Default Rice Races, Honda Integra Type R and Prelude

Hey guys,...

Around here, Muscle's are the underdogs.
My friends all have ricecars, i dragged against a Honda Prelude Type R and i beat him by just half a car!. I'm dragging against a 1997 Honda Integra Type R next week from another friend. He beat the Prelude by 3 cars. Are the Integra's that fast?????(i looked it up but icould onlyfind the integra's for the european and US markets, i hear the japanese market vehicles differ a little)

http://www.mashamoto.nl/import/honda...d729f21c3a.jpg

There's nothing i can do to improve my stang's performance before that, do any of you guys have any tips on how to get a perfect launch with an automatic?

I just rev up to 2-3k rpm let go of the brakes, roll for half a second then bottom slowly within the next 2-3 seconds.

I've never regretted my 20" wheels untill now...
Old 06-24-2007, 01:13 PM
eddieval5
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Rice Races, Honda Integra Type R and Prelude

what exactly are you looking to know about the car? 0-60 times? 1/4? hp? as for your car launching point..im trying to find that out myself..
Old 06-24-2007, 03:48 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

Is it a REAL Honda? Or just some turd who put Honda badges on his US Acura? I see that a lot around here. The US Integra Type-R is basically the same as the RSX-S. 190hp 1.8L DOHC Vtec. You should have no problem with it but it doesn't seem like the car is stock if it put that many cars in the Prelude. If it is a real, right-hand drive Honda Integra Type-R you are in trouble. 220hp 2.0L DOHC i-Vtec, quick little car.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:55 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

I was at the track on Friday night and there were two Type-Rs...they were running 15's...nothing special...

There was a RSX Type-S...running his mouth...everyone was laughing at him...pulled up to the line...launched...MASSIVE turbo kicked in...shut everyone up...he spun right into 4th gear in this little rocket...ran a 14...but with traction...low 12's...if not 11's...
Talked to teh RSX owner afterwards...his car is dynoed at 500FWHP...500!!
Old 06-24-2007, 04:29 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

What Generation Prelude (or year)? There is no such thing as a Prelude Type R. In the US they offered a base and SH model, with active steering control. Both cars have the H22 engine which was Hondas largest displacement car motor at 2.2L and the motor is rated at 195-200hp (97-01). There was a Type S Prelude offered in Japan and that motor is rated at 220 hp. The Stock Intergra Motor on the Type R is rated similarly at about 200 hp but, it is a 1.8L engine. Due to the weight of the car I would think that it would beat normal for the Integra to beat the Prelude. Honda did a lot to reduce the weight of the Type R Integ.

I am not sure about the capabilities of the Integra Engine as much but, there were many guys in the Prelude Forum that I belonged to that were 300-320 at the wheels with turbo...but...the cars, even with the turbo, were not producing a tremendous amount of torque. All of the Honda Engines are designed with high compression ratios (10:0:1 ) so the motor is all high end. You will probably get them off the line...after that...depending on what mods they are running, you might be in trouble.

... but slap a turbo or blower on your car and see who is running their mouth then....there is no replacement for displacement!
Old 06-24-2007, 04:38 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mellowdien

Hey guys,...

Around here, Muscle's are the underdogs.
My friends all have ricecars, i dragged against a Honda Prelude Type R and i beat him by just half a car!. I'm dragging against a 1997 Honda Integra Type R next week from another friend. He beat the Prelude by 3 cars. Are the Integra's that fast?????(i looked it up but icould onlyfind the integra's for the european and US markets, i hear the japanese market vehicles differ a little)

http://www.mashamoto.nl/import/honda...d729f21c3a.jpg

There's nothing i can do to improve my stang's performance before that, do any of you guys have any tips on how to get a perfect launch with an automatic?

I just rev up to 2-3k rpm let go of the brakes, roll for half a second then bottom slowly within the next 2-3 seconds.

I've never regretted my 20" wheels untill now...
Those cars you're talking about are definitely not stock to keep up with your GT, so I think you should be careful when challenging an older Honda/Acura. The other day, when going to a friend's house, a beat up, but obviously modified late 80's Honda Civic Si shoots behind from no where, I'm not one to race on the street(maybe a little skirmish on a lightly populated freeway, but nothing over 100mph- I know, still bad[&o]). Luckily he had to turn left as we approached the intersection, why do I say "luckily"? Well, as he turned left(as I was slowly leaving the intersection) he gives his car a little goose of the pedal, Whoosh-whoosh! That thing had a big turbo on and the waste-gate was going crazy, the dude driving gave me a huge Cheshire Cat grin as he made his turn.........you never know is all I say.....
Old 06-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

There are all orinal Honda's.

(note* when you look at the streets here, you'd swear you were in Japan lol, 8 out of every 10 cars is japan imported, South America, Suriname)

They probably are lightly modified but both are non-turbo.
Here's a pic of the actual prelude i drove against.
Don't know from which year it is.

I'm gonna supercharge, just have to save up a little extra seeing how customs here is gonna charge me 40% of the msrp on the s/c.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:36 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mellowdien

There are all orinal Honda's.

(note* when you look at the streets here, you'd swear you were in Japan lol, 8 out of every 10 cars is japan imported, South America, Suriname)

They probably are lightly modified but both are non-turbo.
Here's a pic of the actual prelude i drove against.
Don't know from which year it is.

I'm gonna supercharge, just have to save up a little extra seeing how customs here is gonna charge me 40% of the msrp on the s/c.
That is a 4th Gen (92-97)

The VTEC Model is 2.2L 190 HP Stock.

Non Turbo - You should have smoked him.

..and the "Type R" thing is just a sticker. There is no such thing....There was an S, VTEC, & SI Model for that year range.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:55 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

If you almost lost to a prelude that is just sad and you are probably the worst driver in the world.My friend "had" a 94 prelude and ran consistant HIGH 16's with FULL bolt ons and no excuses.

Even if that thing had a turbo you should've had absolutely no problem... The integras can be fast but it's still just a pos at that.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

I drive an auto. My launch's could use some work but is their anything else i should work on ,driving an auto on a 1/4mile strip?
He(prelude) g-tech'd 14.3 at his best.
So either your friend was the bad driver, or this one has slight modifications like i mentioned earlier.

Either way, around the sadly enough ricers rule the streets.
Hope i save up fast enough for the supercharger to strat claiming some territory!

Gonna be hard when you can buy a 12.5 second car for less than 7000 grand though.
Oh well you have to start somewhere.

Stang vs Integra type R should happen around tuesday.
i'll try to get it on camera and put it on youtube..( if i win lol)
ORIGINAL: nothsa

If you almost lost to a prelude that is just sad and you are probably the worst driver in the world.My friend "had" a 94 prelude and ran consistant HIGH 16's with FULL bolt ons and no excuses.

Even if that thing had a turbo you should've had absolutely no problem... The integras can be fast but it's still just a pos at that.

Quick Reply: Rice Races, Honda Integra Type R and Prelude